Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

I think they had plans & stratagems for some stuff & not for other stuff. 

But I am sure that you're making an excellent point about their logistics, which I think technically would be called NIGHTMARISH. When they were in the studio, when they were in Peapack, where in Peapack & whether it was snowing to beat the band, etc. And, then the editing, which had become such a major task. They did some editing immediately after taping & other editing later, in post as you'd expect. How did they keep from editing the previously edited material? And, so on. 

Personally I was just so very glad he was dead. I'm not sure if I know of any character so universally despised. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Of course unfortunately. That was during their 70th Anniversary week and the debut of the “hairy hands” opening that was also GL’s worst opening credits IMO. 

But I don’t want to belittle that too much as I recall it was for Hurricane Katrina aftermath though.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

No need to bow down to the hours upon hours I spent in my misspent life watching this show! But yea...join me in the hating on Buzz Cooper table anytime! Poor Lillian, she never did have any taste....remember when she was dating Hawk???? But at least Alex, despite her complete character assasination under Conboy, managed to dodge the Buzz bullet....

• Members

Ellen Wheeler was so in over her head. The disastrous Peapack experiment cemented the cancellation of GL. Stupid idea all around. Ellen Wheeler was the worst EP ever. She cried all the time because she knew she couldn’t do the job. Terrible memories of GL getting killed by Wheeler, Hurst and Kreizman.

• Members

Weston/Conboy derailed a noble attempt by Rauch/Taggart/Culliton to ground and center the show. Even though they may have gotten the ratings up for what I believe was Feb Sweeps of 2004 with that ridiculous Maryanne Carruthers story, they were just as destructive to the show's core as some of their predecessors; McTavish, B&E, etc.