ATWT: June Discussion Thread

• Members

So we both liked Iva then. I really wish she were still around in some capacity. I thought she added a great deal of complexity to Lily's character, when they were in scenes together. I have a scene on tape from early 1993 when Lucinda and Iva were sparring about Lily, riveting stuff. That story where Holden took Aaron from her really upset me at the time. Then he gave Aaron to Julie, not known for being a loving mother (I say this as a Julie fan).

The dismantling of the Hughes family is one of the more odd decisions of the past 10 or more years. It could be worse - most of them weren't killed, or turned into psychotics - but all those years of history flushed, even as Bob, Kim, Tom, and Nancy are still part of the canvas. It's almost like this long, depressing tease from ATWT. Even worse for me is they keep showing the Snyder family, but only Snyders I either hate or don't care about. At least bring the tolerable Snyders back.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They need to bring back all of them. There is way too much Meg on right now. The show keeps focusing on the same characters.

Andy, Frannie and Iva need to return to Oakdale. They can get rid of Dusty. I never liked McCouch in the role anyways. Let go of Cady McClain. I sm so tired of her popping in and out and get rid of Paul. Roger Howarth has ruined the character.

• Members

I desperately wanted them to run a chem test with him and Luke, but eh, who am I kidding. These people don't care about chemistry.

I will say, though, that I was shocked to learn that Matt Cavenaugh isn't gay. I read an interview where he said that he's always been labeled gay since childhood, and that he really doesn't care if he is, but he's not gay.

They've made the Hughes family too old. Casey's the only "young" one on the campus. You have octogenarian Nancy, post-retirement Kim and Bob, and middle-aged Tom and Margo. They've passed up too many opportunities to keep the Hughes name alive...Chris was poorly, poorly mistreated. Don Hughes must not exist anymore, even though he has TWO kids who are in the prime storyline age range. Frannie and/or Andy would be great additions to the late 30s/early 40s group.

My ideal ATWT is squarely based around the Hughes, Stewart, and Snyder families, with the Snyders not as prominent as the other two.

• Members

They even brought in one of Don's kids, Ryder. I never liked him that much but at least they could have tried. There's so much about the Hughes family I'll never understand, why Andy was written out, why Frannie was never brought back. Then with the Stewarts, the only time we get a new addition is when they decide to bring back Dani as some weird sleaze who was bedding the man once considered her father.

aTWT has so much history available if they could just use it. If they're so recast happy then bring in a recast for Frannie or Sabrina. Then even when they do bring in recasts of old characters, they make them into completely unrecognizable and unpleasant personalities, like Pigsty.

• Members

I thought Ryder was ok. He is a major improvement to today's teens. Andy was written out because he didnt fit the hot stud model. Whatever...the guy could act. I have no idea why Frannie or the Stewarts were written out. Dani....Ugh..what a wasted opportunity.

Knowing Pissy she would make Frannie or Sabrina murderers.

• Members

Bob, Susan, Tom & Margo are on today?? What in the World is going on? No Meg or Paul to be seen. No Katie either but dammit she is in the previews for tomorrow's show. Why cant Katie just die??

I actually thought today's show was decent. Emily wanting a baby?? Emily is an awful mother to Daniel. She doesn't need to be a bad mother again. Enough with baby making stories Pissy.

• Administrator

Does anyone still have episodes from June 1 to today? If so, can you possibly check for the episode director and script writer (last writer listed). My ATWT credits source is away. I would greatly appreciate the help. :)

• Members

June 1 show: Director...Christopher Goutman....Writer...David Levinson

June 2 show: Director...Michael Eilbaum...Writer..Gordon Rayfield

June 3 show: Director ...Michael Eilbaum....Writer...Susan Dansby

June 4 show: Director...Michael Eilbaum....Writer... Peter Brash

June 5 show: Director : Habib Azar.........Writer: Gordon Rayfield

June 8 show: Director : Christopher Goutman.....Writer : Cheryl Davis

I'll have today's show later or tomorrow. I tell you and I still dont get hired here. :lol:

• Members

It was nice to see vets like Don Hastings and Marie Masters today!

MM and KMH really had some great lines today too. Like when Emily said that she wanted to have a baby and Susan blurted out: "Do you know how old you are?!" :lol:

And also when Susan thought that Emily was inspired by Bratie in her baby wish and said to Emily: "You're not Katie" and Emily replied: "Why would I want to be?!" :lol:

Those lines alone made today's show worth watching.

Archived