Y&R: Week of May 18, 2009

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Umm yeah, for many, many reasons. Not only because it was a HUGE part of her story on B&B, but also because her first order of business would have been having Cane's baby if she could have. Hello? That's gold digging 101. So it seems they do know about it and LML went with it and MAB has decided to just ignore it.

• Members

That'd be a switch but please leave Neil's boring ass outta of it. He sure did move on from Karen rather quickly!

Mary Mae then had Edward's son, Bradley Ward and then Justus Ward was his grandson.

• Members

Was that Devon singing in the montage today? Whoever it was I liked it. Loved Kevin and Jana making out in the elevator. GR was looking good. I almost feel bad for Chloe, even though she's brought it all on herself. And I liked the Mac/Billy scene. I'm also very glad that damn wedding is over.

• Members

Yes, they do. Leah Bauer.

I liked the song in the montage as well and thought it was well-done. And IA. That was the loooongest fuckin wedding ever and I'm glad it's done.

Della Reese was awesome. I love her. The best thing about the wedding by far.

• Members

I love Della Reese as Devon's aunt. She has a warmth that is wonderful. I read rumors that Bryon had been dropped to recurring so I have to wonder where this story with Devon is going. It is the most interesting that he has been in ages. I hope he confronts Tyra for being a liar.

I liked Amber and Daniel disagreement. I'm glad that he isn't rushing into a marriage and won't be coerced into it by Amber. Let Lily be the dummy to remarry so young.

I am tired of Chloe looking so pathetic.

I like the music for the montage. The couples not so much. Neil/Tyra, Cane/Lily, Mac/Billy, and Kevin/Jana were ick.

• Members

Lauren and Michael finally had a love scene with no interruptions. It was sweet and tender. To me they just work as a couple. But they need some drama. The scenes today were probably to explain why they are being written out again, but I was thinking that maybe Michael could be Devon's father. The Baldwin family (Michael, Lauren and Fen) has no story while MAB is writing regularly for Kevin, Jana, Gloria and Jeffrey, so I have to wonder what MAB plans for them.

I found the timing of the scenes interesting. Michael and Lauren had just come downstairs from the hotel room when he kissed her and told her she made him feel like a teenager. Then Devon immediately read the letter about his father having plans for better things after he moved on from Yolanda. Michael is the right age (mid 40s). Of course, this search could also be an excuse to write Devon out for awhile also to give more time for MAB's favorites.

Obviously there is no plan to break Lauren and Michael up, so if they stay on canvas they need some type of conflict. Maybe bringing a child back Michael did not know about might be it. And it would mix the Winters in with other characters. Probably was nothing, and I am not even sure I would like this story, but at least it would be a story.

I can't see Devon hooking up with Tyra. He looks disgusted with her and Neil. I think they want him upset with Neil so that he is more open to meeting his biological father.

Archived