Anthony Geary Bashes Wendy Riche's GH

• Members

He did say:

Clearly it leads the reader to the assumption he was not happy with what was written for him during the Riche years.

I'm not putting words in his mouth and he doesn't need you or I to slander him. He can do enough of that on his own. I've only stated my opinion over and over of what I am picking up from him. It's obvious that we interpret things differently, but just read between the lines here. He's obviously insulting someone who did wonders for GH.

I believe Pat Falkin Smith once said "Gloria Monty is brilliant, but she runs the show like a tyrant." That I don't see as offensive. It was honest and tactful. I find no tact in what Geary said. That's how I am interpreting it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let me put it this way... It's only an unprofessional bash if you like the person that is being bashed and dislike the person doing the bashing.

I am sure if JFP were fired or Guza finally quit and someone else on the cast were to call it the Phelps and Guza Reign of Terror, there would NOT be this hypocritical debate. Whoever it is would probably get a standing ovation from the very same posters beating Geary over the head with their gavels of judgment.

After Wendy Riche was fired, there was a quote from the 2001 GH Fan Club Luncheon where Wally Kurth said something similar to Riche's tenure. Then, there are actors like Vanity Vanessa Marcil who said Wendy was "like a mother" to her.

The hypocrisy of the passion that fans have in wanting know what really goes on behind the scenes-yet-judges someone for telling tales out of school as being unprofessional really intrigues me. Especially when this board lights up like wildfire during the annual Gossip thread.

• Members

Yeah. But...

That doesn't wipe out the fact that this id!ot Geary gave this shocking :lol: statement. Probably with GH PR department's help. And got what he deserved from SON people. Which won't mean much. I am more for: every case for itself approach. The point here is: did he say it and it wasn't true? And also: did someone say Guza & Phelps reign of terror and it was true. That's the point.

• Members

My problem is that Riche has been gone for over a DECADE. He mentioned her in the middle of his big "thank-you" and it was so random. Now, I know TG has always looked down on soaps, felt embarrassed about his success in the genre. He strived for better once, long ago. I'm not knocking him for expressing his opinion. I'm knocking him for dissing somebody who, at the time, he couldn't stop going on about how great it was to work with her! :lol: I'm knocking him for randomly throwing that in there because it sounds like spin to prop up the current blighted regime.

Archived