GH: Genie Francis & Jonathan Jackson unhappy with Luke & Laura rewrite

• Members

This came from SOC, any Canadians here seen the interview? This one is paraphrased:

"The Canadian TV Guide" interviewed Genie Francis and Jonathan Jackson and asked them about changing Spencer history.

To paraphrase--Genie says she hates the story and called Tony and told him she thought it went too far. She says the viewers aren't stupid. That they remember what Luke and Laura were like in the early 90's and that Luke never cheated on Laura during those times.

Jonathan Jackson said that when he was around the Spencers were a loving family both on and off the screen. He sees NO reason to mess with that. And he repeats what Genie said in a seperate interview...the viewers aren't stupid.

• Members
Genie says she hates the story and called Tony and told him she thought it went too far. She says the viewers aren't stupid.

Funny, that's what I said when they suggested Laura had slept with Stefan and conceived Nikolas while presumed dead.

• Members
Funny, that's what I said when they suggested Laura had slept with Stefan and conceived Nikolas while presumed dead.

I still think that made more sense than this garbage. But Stavros did rape Laura, did he not?

Was that a Claire Labine story or did Guza pen that too. I didn't watch GH in 1996.

• Members

Once you've quit your soap in search of film/prime time fame and fortune, you kind of give up your right to squawk about what's later become of your character. Of course, a real journalist wouldn't corner a former actor into such griping just to further his own agenda.

• Members
Once you've quit your soap in search of film/prime time fame and fortune, you kind of give up your right to squawk about what's later become of your character.

I can't agree, it doesn't mean the person can't care what happened to the character they played or the ICONIC love story they were once part of.

• Members
I still think that made more sense than this garbage. But Stavros did rape Laura, did he not?

Was that a Claire Labine story or did Guza pen that too. I didn't watch GH in 1996.

I could buy that Laura slept with Stefan. That was the character needing some visible humanity. I bought that then that she slept with him. But I don't even want to know how far they have taken the re-write of Luke and Laura's story

• Members

There wouldn't be a scan since TV Guide Canada only exists in an online form now and has for the past few years. Nelson's the soap writer there and he hasn't posted this. So I think it could be the usual "SD" crap.

And has Logan's U.S. TV Guide article saying Ethan is Luke's been confirmed yet? Or is that also made up?!

• Members
There wouldn't be a scan since TV Guide Canada only exists in an online form now and has for the past few years. Nelson's the soap writer there and he hasn't posted this. So I think it could be the usual "SD" crap.

And has Logan's U.S. TV Guide article saying Ethan is Luke's been confirmed yet? Or is that also made up?!

That leads me to believe this was made up.

Archived