Another World

• Members

The Young Marrieds was a sister show to GH said to be set in a suburb of the the (then) unnamed city of GH.  Several characters on TYM worked at GH & characters on GH were mentioned on TYM.  The TYM IMDB page has episode by episode synopses for the series that are a very interesting read.

Edited by Matt
proofreading

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It aired from 1964-1966 & Port Charles was not set as the GH location until 1976 or 1977. It makes no sense. 

In modern times there have definitely been some mentions of neighborhoods where people at GH lived but this was decades after TYM was off the air. It was just after GH on the schedule & the same production company was involved with both. 

• Members

Queen's Point.  If I'm not mistaken, Patrick & Robin's home was said to be in Queen's Point.  I often laugh that in an episode of TYM on YouTube, there's a beachside snack shack type place and palm trees in the background which, today, is funny since Port Charles is set in upstate New York with nary a palm tree in sight.  I'm guessing that originally, GH's local was considered to be West Coast until it was changed in the mid 1970s to Port Charles.

• Members

Oddly, it does make sense, Donna. Although GH's location had not been specifically identified in 1964-66, The Young Marrieds was set in a suburb of GH's "unnamed" city, and the suburb definitely had a name. Although it sounds crazy, the suburb had a name, even though the city did not (at that time).  I know it is weird, but true.

• Members

It's so sad and devastating how mediocre and hateful jealousy makes people. And I'm happy that a "dead actress" is more alive than some people posting here. This is the final straw for me in this topic. I am not going to post here anymore, since it's disgustingly toxic and until someone in charge intervenes... this is not my place to be. Donna, I am sorry you have been made a target of this hater-mob. You will survive it... with your dignity. They will move on to another target.

P.S Long live Beverlee Mckinsey - more alive and controversial than ever! 

• Members

I'm not excusing bad behaviour from anyone, but I suspect that there are posters here who remember Donna's behaviour from a few years ago, when she was flooding the board with posts all over the place, on-topic and (more often than not) off-topic, and back then showed no signs or even willingness to grasp that her conduct was disrupting. I haven't personally seen any of that behaviour in recent times, but my guess is that that period is still colouring people's opinion of her.

• Members

I also have been told that the location of Patrick & Robin's house was in that suburb. Of course, this is a contemporary write back & doesn't do anything to prove or disprove sister soap or spin-off. 

I can see I'm going to have to make time to read these. 

Really ancient history & a time that I have been open about when I was very ill & taking a great deal of medication & it literally caused my mind to not function well at all. If people judge me by something that happened, what, 10 years ago, instead of judging me by my behavior of say the last 4 years, I personally think that is not a reasoned way to approach things. But, I guess you would say that it's okay for them to hold a grudge like that. I don't know. I just checked & I was first here in Feb. of 2008, so it's more like 16 years ago. Is that math right?!! 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more

• Members

What was Mary Matthews' maiden name?

What was Aunt Liz's maiden name?

Ada's maiden name was Lucas, but I guess most fans know that.   

We don't know Mac's mother's maiden name, but we know she came from wealth.  Mac told Rachel his parents had an arranged marriage and didn't truly love one another.  

Edited by Mona Kane Croft