Another World

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not sure what you mean by "figure out the background music." Are they hoping to find the title of the tune, or the composer?  Actually, to me it sounds like a normal background cue, probably composed and produced by the music company that was providing all the background cues at the time (1998).  In most cases, those tunes do not have titles, nor are the composers names available.    But you could probably find the name of the music production company in the closing credits for episodes in 1998.   

And wow, that was a very long scene -- even by 1998 standards.  In 2024, that scene would be dissected into about ten 30-second micro-scenes, and spread throughout a 60-minute episode.   

• Members

This is what the poster says in the text: 

Clip from AW 03/06/1998 from Eddie's page. I'm dying to find the music from this scene. It was used in here and there on AW in '97-'99 and I believe it was also used on ATWT '99-'02. I also heard it on an episode of Oprah so I know NBC had rights to it. I would so love to know title and composer or source if anyone has any feedback. Clip is of Jake (Tom Eplin) and Vicky (Jensen Buchanan) shortly after Michael and Shane's death.

• Members

Thank you for more detail, Donna.   Well, it would not be NBC that had the rights to the music.  It would have been P&G Productions (or Televest) -- at least for Another World.  If it was also used on Oprah's show, then she may have been using the same music production company (who knows?).  In terms of title, composer, and source -- the person inquiring should refer to my earlier post.   

• Members

If you look at the cast lists in those credits, only about 10 characters played by the same actor remain  into mid-1983 (Rachel, Mac, Ada, Liz, Clarice, Larry, Brian, Blaine, Sandy, Cecile, Quinn).  

Characters like Jamie, Julia, Sally were recast with new actors.

Everyone else was gone.

• Members

Did Christopher Goutman or Leah Laiman ever say if Anne O'Donnell was originally supposed to turn out to be Frankie Frame?  I thought maybe they changed this due to the show's cancellation because what was the point of brining Alice Barrett back for the mess of a storyline we got!!??

• Members

This was from an interview he did in 1999 before the show was cancelled:

Is "Frankie" the real Frankie or is she just someone Jordan Stark created, and what is she going to do to Cass and Lila's relationship? (don't do too much damage!!!)

A.M.
Pittsburgh, PA

Chris Goutman: 

Let me answer this and hopefully we'll dramatize it because I think it's something we need to answer. Stark did not create her. This is a character who is her own person. Anne is her own person. Stark found out about her and that's about it. She came of her own free will and she has a history which hopefully the audience will find intriguing with what happened to Frankie.