AMC: TUESDAY, APRIL 28, 2009

• Members
Copyof0479_3_lg.jpg
DISCUSS, DAMMIT!!

Pictured:
AMC Script for show #2497
Taped: August 13, 1979
Air: August 20, 1979

Written by Wisner Washam, Jack Wood, Mary K. Wells, Cathy Chicos, Anita L. Jaffe, Clarice Blackburn, Kathryn McCabe
Produced by Jorn Winther
Directed by *Henry Kaplan, Jack Coffey, Sherrell Hoffman
Associate Producer: Felicia Minei Behr

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't make it out too well, but it looks like Warren Burton (ex-Eddie Dorrance) wrote, "Love on you". Which...um...okay.

Anyway, fantastic photo, R Sinclair. Didn't know former LOVE OF LIFE/OLTL/SEARCH FOR TOMORROW producer Jean Arley had been a production consultant for the show.

• Members

The Kane women were OFF the HOOK today!

Kendall&Zach acted like humans and could be fans of there's if they acted like this everyday!

Other than the Ryan playing Jodi Foster it was a show all about Family.

AWESOME stuff!

To bad they didn't play the Rinks stuff liek this from day one.

IMO Kendall7ERica are at their best when Binks is in their lives.

• Members

Well, I challenge that idea, because judging from 'the writer's' last two stints (I've been watching this show for 20 years this year), the first one was incredibly tame. Not only due to FMB producing, but also because Nixon was still ACTIVELY plotting the show as well. Not just sitting in once or twice a month. 'The writer' was very new back then, so I doubt that she was given 100% freedom. I believe she was being guided by Nixon and Behr, but also allowed her to express herself creatively as well...

I totally believe that under Burke or Cowudders, Natalie-In-the-Well and Harold the Dog's Trek Across Country could've turned out even worse!

• Members

I agree, and AMC also has a wonderful assortment of breakdown and scriptwriters back then, who tended to ground even McTavish's wildest tendencies.

Though, I know many people who quit watching in the early 90's, to them, that wasn't the AMC they were used to, but to me, it was pretty solid stuff.

• Members

Exactly. This might be a well-kept secret but I am no fan of 'the writer.' However, I do believe that her first stint was not horrible -- and it couldn't have been, because why would ABC give her two more chances after that? The trouble, I believe, is that -- never mind. I'm running late and really gotta get out of here.

• Members

Meh. It was the end for me, as AMC fundamentally changed its DNA thanks to Behr/McTavish. It suddenly bore no resemblance to the show it had been before. Janet masquerading as Natalie? Tad having a twin to whom he wasn't even related? And so on, and so on. Ugh. AMC lived from 1970-1992....after that, it became just another soap.

• Members

Interesting take, and one of the rare instances where I've seen the 1992-1997 era criticized, do you watch the show at all anymore or do you just comment?

I have not seen this show in 4 days! I need to get with it here.... sounds like I am missing my Erica do her thang :wub:

ETA: That script cover you posted R Sinclair is sooo cool! How did you get that?

• Members

Yep, it was a fundamental change in identity for AMC. Natalie/Janet was the first storyline that made me seriously consider giving up my favorite soap. I also hated Tad/Ted. AMC never used to go for these type of gimmicks until "the writer" arrived. It felt more like GH, OLTL or DAYS than AMC.

As for this episode, I thought it was really good.

I loved the Kanes. It was great to see Bianca & Reese finally talk things out and even better to see Erica/Bianca/Kendall together at the end.

I also loved Erica advising Adam on how to deal with his family. I always like it when Adam & Tad put aside their differences for JR's sake. I'm trying to stay spoiler free and I hope Alexander Cambias' revelation means that Dixie will turn up alive. My guess is that David tainted the peanut butter to fake his daughter's death so he could spirit her out of Pine Valley and he has Dixie stashed away somewhere now.

• Members

I could live with that. One of the reasons David "left town" last time was they went over the top with the evil things he did. He came back too much the same way, though. He could be a fascinating complex character if only they would stop making him always blaming, cheating, drugging. Having said that, though, it does seem a little contradictory that I would accept a plot in which he has been stashing away Dixie. How many times can a character come back from the dead. I don't watch DOOL but they probably have the record.

Archived