Y&R Let Eva Marcille be free

• Members

With news that

for the characters of Ana and Tyra in Genoa City anymore.

It is not fair to Ms. Marcille to keep her in "Genoa City"

. Given that the actress has oodles of opportunities, and that maybe her character has not "caught on" as well as some have hoped, perhaps it would be best for all concerned if she could spread her wings and seek new opportunities?

I say this with full respect, as I do not wish this performer to feel she is being picked on.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Neil is now just like Victor, replacing his old family with a new one. Instead of a talented and rarely seen adopted seen and a good wife, he replaced them with a grown woman that has a crush and a singing child.

As opposed to Victor, Neil won't have Karen and Devon waiting for him when he's done with his character changes.

• Members

i'll second that drumbeat and throw in a "get thee to the runway" for good measure. Eva's beautiful but she has no business being on Y&R. Maybe DOOL or one of the other shows where green actors can run amok, but not here. But the writers truly didn't do any favors for her or anyone else in the Winter's vacuum story. I'll never understand why MAB can tell compelling stories on all fronts but this one.

• Members

AMEN! I just hope Maria Bell finds someway to make this show more diverse..... in an interesting and compelling way though.

Her only weakness so far is her lack of vision in that department.... I think Olivia is key to rebuilding the Winters in Genoa City.... convince Tonya to sign on for a more leading role!

• Members

Okay, so I agree too. There are a few troubling things in this otherwise great MAB regime.

1. Recycling (e.g., Jill and Kay, much as I love it, is not "moving forward"). Ashley and baby does appear to be a rehash of Sabrina and baby.

2. Over-reliance on death (e.g., Kay, Brad) to propel big stories (except Brad, frankly, has petered off in all but Sharon's story...and that is as an unexpressed backstory now)

3. Relegation of vast numbers of characters to the perpetual backburner, probably with the goal of elimination (e.g., Doug Davidson, Sursok, Bryton, etc.)

4. Lack of diversity (though I have a little hope with Rafe/Estella, and I can't believe Y&R would lose its African American base totally).

Marcille might be fine...but not with Neil...not this story.

• Members

It really is time to let Eva go. Kristoff St. John is amazingly hot for his age and a good actor, but he tends to come off as stuffy and boring, and he needs an exciting actress like Rowell to complement his sluggish qualities. Nia, though a likeable actress, wasn't the one to do it, and certainly Eva isn't. I do think TPTB see some kind of spark in Eva that is obviously lost on us and plan on keeping her around. It's bad enough that the African American characters, with the exception of boring, drippy Lily, seem so segregated from the rest of the cast. Could they at least write half-way intriguing stories for their AA characters and cast some interesting actors in the roles?

• Members

I will agree with you on all those points.... the death thing could potentially get really old, really fast..... I hope future exits the next year or two are ones that do not end in death.... I will make an exception for Cane though.... PAINFUL AGONIZING DEATH for him..... as DeeDee has said numerous times in reference to him:

HATE!

• Members

I think the show sees her as someone who can get attention and she can as I often see her with name stars and talk of reality shows. She knows how to get publicity. It is certainly not based on any talent. Eva probably sees the show as one big stepping stone to bigger and better things. Meanwhile, we have to put up with her lousy acting.

• Members

Neil has always been a stuffed shirt. Latham tried to loosen him up, but that was not consistent with Neil's history or personality. Indeed, I think Neil's very repressive tendencies helped lead him to the bottle after Malcolm's death.

Kristoff is not just hot for HIS age...he is hot for ANY age.

There must be some way to harness all that.

• Members

I know, he felt so out of place. His presence was not needed.

I still can't believe Eva is only a year older than me (25)...... only 3 yrs older than Christel for god sakes. How old is Tyra supposed to be? 30's at least I'd say.

Archived