WHAT the HELL is happening to the Y&R!!!

• Members

I don't understand why were getting all these crazy storyline's Ashley is pregnatt, Kay storyline with Bombs and nut jobs, Victor going acter Jack with a face less lady, Nick can't decide which to bang first, Gloria being set free it goes on and on

who's writting this crap? the only thing I can think is that Hogan Sheffer and Scott Hammer are the new head writter's

the Storyline's seems odd to me dosn't seem like MAB style.

are Hogan and Hammer the new co head writter's?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did you really expect Gloria to do some serious time? I didn't, although I'm thankful that we at least saw a whole lot less of her for a few months.

The Kay storyline seems to be wrapping up, thankfully but I did think it was entertaining and campy.

Victor and Jack will never bury the hatchet unless LML comes back to make ole Vic sick (and tolerable) again.

I fell that MAB has done some good things with the show although I'm aware that I will never be happy with all of the storylines and casting decisions. All in all though, I'm okay with the way the show is right now.

• Members

The Katherine storyline has always been a bit on the campy side, it only got campier with the Clint element, camp isn't bad, but it's not for everyone. However, there was a clear build-up and execution. The Katherine storyline seems to be nearing an end over the next few weeks, and they did take their time with it.

Other than the Neil/Karen/Tyra mess, I feel like every storyline on the show has been planned out thoroughly with a build up and proper execution. Some storylines might be better than others, but for the most part, the show is plotted alright. I understand a lot better why things happening are happening, I don't know if that makes sense. No one is claiming it's anything groundbreaking, but very old fashion soap to an extent.

I have no problems with Victor's mystery woman, there seems to be a plan in motion. Victor and Jack should never be civil to one another. As for Ashley's pregnancy, I'll see how they handle it or if the rumours about her having pre-menopause are true.

Nick/Sharon/Phyllis has been going on for a while now, and it has led directly to Sharon's meltdown, which is by far, IMO, one of the best storylines they have going right now.

I stopped watching towards the end of Latham's run, if you're finding no enjoyment in it, don't watch.

• Members

Y&R is the BEST soap on the air. The others dont even come close to it. I recently started watching full time after dropping it for over a year and absiolutely love it

The only nutjob I dont like here is Gloria, but everyone else has been perfectly fitted in this story. Y&R has the perfect mix of drama and comedy and this story certainly is a great example of that

• Administrator

"WHAT the HELL is happening to the Y&R!!!"

My answer: The most watchable, and best, soap on the air right now. That's what's happening.

I'm so intrigued about the mystery woman too and I can't wait for another round of Victor vs Jack - I can watch those two battle forever.

The Katherine and Sharon storylines are one of the best right now in all of soaps.

• Members

right now i am enjoying sharon and her meltdown. her stealing a phone without realizing that she did is pretty cool. victor and ashley having a child is big. if TPTB are serious about this then i am excited. if ashley is not pregnant or she loses the baby then we have sabirina/david redux.

can't decide about the kidnapping though. the bomb going off was exciting, but it was kind of silly. my only gripe is that kevin should have been abandoned after some fiery crash. they could show him trying to escape before being burned to death. they could have added flashbacks of him trying to murder colleen. it would have made sense and it would have been a nice nod to the shows history, but whatever...

right now this is the only soap that i try to watch...

• Members

For me, the show is mind-blowingly good. Even minor things that irritate some people can't affect me much because everything else is going great on the soap. It is not perfection, but it is the best soap opera currently on air.

Taking time to develop a storyline is something that other soap writers don't know, they don't care, especially since they think we don't have the ability to watch soaps for 5 days a week. Actually they don't have the ability to write the soap for 5 days a week. Lazy writers, lazy.

• Members

I'm in the minority, but I'm with you. I'm happy that so many people are enjoying it, but I just can't get into much of the show. I'm only watching for Katherine (JC, not her storyline) and Billy/Chloe (but he keeps hooking up with Sharon!).

Archived