AMC: Monday (12/15/08)

• Members

Finally, finally, finally....THIS is AMC people.

Everything I ever want out of this show played out today. ANd I lay it mostly at the feet of Kate Hall. I wish Pratt would get Taylor, Hall, and Cohen in a room together and have the latter two school the first. I haven't checked the archive (lazy), but I feel like Pratt assigns Taylor and Thomson way more scripts than Hall and Cohen, when I would be doing the opposite.

Nevertheless:

Every dialogue, emotion, and beat in the Reese/Bianca/Reese's father scenes was spot-on. This is when my ears started perking up and really paying attention, and for the first time in a month of Sundays, I became ENGROSSED.

Brot finally came around for me. He started out OK for me when first introduced, then somewhere around his hiding with Colby (ugh) in the hospital basement he really devolved. Today, he was back. The shadows and BE really brought out the best in these scenes.

I love the way Randi and Frankie's sex scene was edited with the fadeaways. Hell, Hall even made the dialogue between Randie and Natalia interesting. If that same scene would've been under Taylor's FinalDraft, I would've been looking for the toenail clipper. :P

RPG and Greenlee = missed opportunity. Loved all their dialogue at Fusion. Such chemistry. Even loved when RPG went to Ryan's house. Under Hall, even Rylee propping can be a little gem.

I haven't gone on to Tuesday and Wednesday's episodes yet; I'm afraid I'll be disappointed, but if Pratt wants to know what will bring AMC back, it's not tornadoes, insemination, gay love, or leftover GL stars...it's honest genuine character interaction and heartfelt dialogue with a little tornadoes, insemination, gay love, and leftover GL stars sprinkled on top.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived