Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I see your point and agree with where you're coming from.  Until and unless McConnell follows through with the accusations about Trump and Moore, he has no business investigating Franken.

To address a pointless accusation made by a certain someone, there is no double standard for Dems and Reps.  If ANYONE behaves this way, they need to go regardless of sex, race or political affiliation.  The only one displaying a double standard right now is a Republican (shocker) - McConnell.

• Members

And this is why we are in big trouble as a nation.  When the person leading you is filth it makes so much wrong doing permissible.  His corruption has been permeating our society since he was elected. 

It's like the kids in a near by high school who were taunting Latino kids with "build the wall!!" How do you credibly punish them when our actual President leads these chants at his rallies?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Stmt from Al Franken

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/16/full-text-al-franken-apologizes-for-allegedly-groping-woman-244978

I'm not here to credit him. Women should be believed but this was a decent stmt. It doesn't excuse it or discredit the victims but accepts responsibility

I'm glad to see Kirsten Gillibrand jump on this to initiate an ethics investigation. The response so far has not been "if true" it's been we believe you and we need to further investigate to determine what action needs to be taken

I don't think anyone should expect that this is the only one. There is sexual harassment going on on capital hill as we speak. 15 million dollars worth of settlements has been published over sexual harassment allegations, taxpayer money by the way, which taxpayers are not allowed to see where this money has been spent. Their own rules protect them from consequences other than our money being used to settle claims they should themselves be financially libel for and legally responsible.

And seriously people are asking Trump to comment on Roy Moore. Uhm exactly what do people expect one sexual predator to say about another.

• Members

Again, I firmly believe Franken needs to step down, but not before Trump does. I am all for an investigation IF one is being conducted on Trump too. What's good for the goose better be good for the gander. 

Yeah but you'll never hear the GOP denounce Trump for any of this. All of this is occurring b/c it trickles down from the top. We have an uncouth, sexual assailant in the White House and he's corrupting everyone. 

Ignore that creature. I have that thing on ignore, and I'm only seeing it's reply b/c you quoted it. 

• Members

Before I put you on ignore, this is a perfect example of why posters consider you a troll.

You were asked a point-blank, straightforward question on what you thought of the charges made against that Alabama slime but instead of answering that, you quote from a completely different post and then deflect to Clinton.

BTW, Bill Clinton and Monica were consenting adults.  Was it wrong?  Of course.  It wasn't illegal.

Moore preyed on underage girls.  They aren't consenting adults.  Can you wrap your hypocritical mind around that concept?

Buh-bye troll

Edited by GMac

• Members

I find Bill Clintons actions with Lewinsky an abuse of power but not assault or rape. Carl's synopsis of how things went down then is pretty accurate. The vitriol displayed by the right completely over shadowed all else. 

I'm more interested as to why folks want to re-litigate Clinton and ignore Anita Hill. And for the record there was another accuser of Thomas who was not allowed to testify but I cannot recall why now. But anyone who watched those hearings on live TV, the optics were awful. A panel of white men sitting up on their pedestals by the way, looking down, judging and questioning Hill got women angry enough to elect a record number of female senators the next election. If all of this can lead to massive change including newly elected decent officials I say more power to it.  And Anita Hill is why I do not nor ever will have any interest in Joe Biden. he helped lead that charge.