The Politics Thread

• Members

People in the LGBTQ community have every reason to be in fear and it may not look like this now because most of the hateful states out there are banning everything out there or trying to. And I get seeing this story and wondering what's next. But DeSantis is flaming out. It's just another story of the next big "GOP" thing being a total dud. He's still going after Disney and he lost.   Well it was never really a win/lose situation but what idiot would go after the biggest tourist attaction in the country and the business that transformed your state(one could argue if it was for the good but that's a different discussion).

I think about the LGBTQ attacks and wonder what percentage of the population is this. People may not know this but in Germany in the 1930's, the jewish population was 550,000 out of 70 million people. that's less than .50%. It's easy to attack a community of a small percentage but when you go after all the marginalized groups, you put a target on your back.

We are dealing with a whipping frankly this country has needed for years and YES lots of people are and will continue to get hurt, but young people and women and African Americans, and Jewish Americans, and lots of good white men, the list goes on together are a super majority. We have a big problem with community and selfishness in this country that has led to a lot of what we're dealing with, but when I see the protests of young people in Tennessee, in Kansas City, it's encouraging especially when you see the diversity of people marching. It's a beautiful thing to see. Yeah it may look like a little thing, but it's not.

DeSantis is a horrible human being yes but he's also a terrible retail politician, lacks any charisma, and he really has no ability to fight back. The media crowning him has been yet another failure in a long list of media failures.( Never forget the red wave narrative garbage in 2022). Paul Ryan, Little Marco, Kevin McCarthy, Scott Walker were all the NEXT BIG THING and they all flamed out. McCarthy is a national embarrassment. DeSantis's Achilles Heel as a politician is his inability to let things go. Bill Clinton of all people could teach a lesson in that.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

One of the Tennessee GOP members that voted to expel three Democrats resigns amid sexually harassing interns. I guess karma does still exist, a little.

Tennessee Republican Caught Sexually Harassing Interns Resigns – Rolling Stone

And, in a ruling that surprises me, the Supreme Court voted to allow Mifepristone to remain available nationwide - for now, anyway (probably until the next challenge). (Although Samuel Alito and...shocker of shockers...Clarence Thomas (that was sarcasm, kids!) dissented.)

Supreme Court Protects Broad Access to Abortion Pill, for Now – Rolling Stone

Edited by Wendy

• Members

^^

"Outrageous" is hardly strong enough. That is completely revolting and sick.

So basically they could refuse single parents, muslims, jews etc too, as well as lgbtq?

I think Hitler might be smiling from his vantage point in hell....

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

There's a lot of spin out there about how he's on the rise, Trump has peaked, polling must show that he's secretly beating Trump and he's winning the long game, but the man looks completely and utterly blindsided and rattled here. His face genuinely scares me. I don't believe this is a well man, and he's a danger to everyone in this country.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

No recent talk I have heard or read says anything about DeSantis "rising". If anything, his donors are getting ice-cold feet.

I think 2024 will be Dump vs. Biden, Part Deux, Electric Boogaloo.

On another note, how glorious that F*cker Snarlson is unemployed. A GREAT DAY FOR AMERICA!

• Members

They know he's not on the rise, but a lot of media still need the illusion of a horse race in the GOP primaries and something other than the same old party death spiral to try to goose ratings as well as boost their own spirits - it's getting much harder for Beltway journalists to keep pretending their friends or relatives in the Republican Party are the 'good ones' vs. a few bad apples. They also were briefly infatuated with the idea of another Great (Fake) Moderate GOP Hope, which of course DeSantis has pivoted far away from. He is flailing and fading and will be put to the sword like all the other Trump opponents, it's just a matter of time.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I think that's what is happening. Like, I think Biden is pushing the thought that we can't predict the inevitable. Notice the ad and you'll see Kamala Harris is in there A LOT. My mom feels he's "too old" to be running, but she also feels that he must love America that much to be running again. 

• Members

I love the video.  It says everything. And it's not that I don't want Biden to run, in fact I was worried for a bit he would not, but he deserves peace and prosperity in his later years after so many years of service.

I tend to agree with your mom @Noel that he loves this country too much to move on at this point. I like and respect Joe Biden more than I ever have.  He's changed with age and I mean that in a good way. He reminds me so much of my dad in his later years. My father used to love to talk and debate but in his later years he sat back more and listened and as a result, became a more informed individual and I think we listened to him more than we ever did..