The Politics Thread

• Members

You know, Mr. President, it is possible that someone might have slipped something into her one beer.  Or that she's the kind who doesn't need to drink much alcohol before she blacks out.  Or that maybe -- just maybe -- the trauma of being attacked by two men caused her to block out psychologically some of the circumstances surrounding that event.

You're right, Julia: he never stops being trash.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Back to the NYT article that Vee linked to earlier:

I'm noticing a trend: first, they thought one guy looked like the lead singer from UB40 (which led to a bar fight, as such cases of mistaken identity tend to do); then, they think one of their group is a "heartthrob" because (they thought) he looked like Dr. Noah Drake on GH.

I know teenagers are always music-, fashion-, and pop culture-obsessed, but man, these guys must've had shitty tastes if their references included UB40 and Rick [!@#$%^&*] Springfield.

Edited by Khan

• Members

"Squi"?  "SQUI"??

I'm in Preppie Hell.

You were still a pre-teen.  Ergo, it doesn't count.

Can I just add that I find these screen caps of Kavanaugh simultaneously hilarious and endearing?  That drunken attempted rapist really missed his calling as a mime.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Drinking until you get sick is a definition of drinking to excess and anyone who has drank that much has probably blacked out at one point or another. The information that is trickling out is exactly what Republicans were worried about. Kavanaugh is being revealed to be more and more of a liar.

• Members

I see that the spin on the right (and in some of the media) is that generic ballot numbers and some races (like FL-Gov) are tightening because the right is "fired up" over Kavanaugh.

The truth is that these races were always going to be close, because the GOP knows how to mobilize their vote while suppressing the votes of many Democrats.  It doesn't matter what the GOP says or does - mouthbreathers out there will always support them. Meanwhile, many Democrats can't even cast a vote, especially if they are not white.

That isn't a sexy story, and it isn't a story that will demoralize Democrats, so we're getting this version, which will tell the left that if Republicans keep Congress (which I've always thought and still think is very likely), it's because they dared to be upset about a man who is alleged to be a blind alcoholic and serial harasser/assaulter of women, and is also seemingly a blatantly partisan hack and perv. It's a good way to help depress them enough to make the next two years easier for the extremist agenda. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Yeah, somebody I follow on Twitter (and subsequently have muted) keeps swearing up and down that the Dems are driving never-Trumpers back to the GOP. The truth is that never-Trumpers are still Republicans. They like the policies. They just want them with a little more finesse.