Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There is no rational reason to even boycott. This guy (by his own admission) went off his meds and screamed at a barista for "anti white discrimination" because his coffee took too long. 

Please register in order to view this content

At least the original guy has an excuse, the rest of these people seem to honestly believe that Starbucks is discriminating against white Trump supporters.

• Members

IA, Julia.  Their reason for doing this has no basis in fact (not that facts have ever stopped most of these people).  IJS, if they believe a Starbucks employee committed an injustice against this man -- and again, I'm not saying she did, I'm only saying "if that's what they believe" -- then the LAST thing I would do in that situation is continue patronizing Starbucks.  Because, in the end, all these idiots are doing is increasing the profits of a company they THINK is discriminating against white Trump supporters.

• Members

Why it doesn't dawn on anyone that in the climate of the country today, the candidate that promises "change" is the one that will always win. Period. That's how  Obama won twice (I wish he could have a third term) Bernie was a change candidate, but we need a candidate that is a perfect storm, and we also need to let the damn idea of gun control go, or we will never win another election. When it comes to low information rural voters, let them have their guns, and they will let you do ANYTHING.

• Members

It's less about a change election than about campaigns and reading the pulse of the country. I think Hillary had the right message in many ways but was the wrong candidate in the wrong year. Dukakis was running as a change candidate after 8 years of the same and he lost. W was doing the same and would have lost if not for SCOTUS rigging. 

• Members

Sure. So long as they can just shoot whoever, there's no epidemic of gun violence in this country. Just ask the children of Sandy Hook, or the congregation of Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal in Charleston.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The best you can do with the gun vote is try to neutralize it. That worked in the 2006 and 2008 elections. Generally though it's difficult. I don't mean to brush widely but I don't think it's a coincidence that gun paranoia went into overdrive among the gun voter with a black President.