Y&R: Week of November 3, 2008

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So far, the Paris remote shooting is beautiful. Kudos to whoever is directing it.

Jill/Nikki/Katherine has been great...it's clear to me that MAB is working in her own experience with Bill Bell into this storyline. I can only hope that their conclusions are different.

• Members

She has said that she is willing to work everyday for full time storylines. Her being recurring did not effect heavy story in 2004 and 2005 and she has said that she would like to be used more and for the show to work in Lauren's business side more and suggested story ideas. Other actors are on recurring and have had or seem to be getting heavy story. Ted Shackelford (Jeffrey) is recurring and has more airtime and story that Christian Le Blanc this year. The new Noah is recurring and in the past Tracey herself has had heavy story while recurring. The way she is written is the writers' choice.

Besides, she has been on screen at least twice a week in the last month or so, yet they don't do much with her.

• Members

She is recurring by choice. It isnt the workload, as she has had a lot of front burner one very day storyline sicne her return. She has stated she lieks the freedom of not being on contract. Even tho she has stated she doesnt intend to leave and would enevr just up and leave. IDK what it is - but it works for her, it works for the show.

I dont think TPTB are hesitant at all. She was recurring and was very much lead through the kevin storyline, the toms toryline, the shiela is back storyline, even that clusterfu*k of Clear Springs and Phyliss/Shiela.

I am a huge Lauren & Tracey fan, but im happy with what i get. She is on a hell of a lot for someone on recurring IMHO and used evry well. I eman, i wish we could see Lauren outside of Gloria & Michael but whatevs.

I wish other soaps would sue recurring like this. or hell even close to it. But i wonder if sometimes being recurring coasts the show more money in the long run for someone they use a lot.

• Members

I think MAB, HS and SH are hesitant to use Tracey because they'd really have to think up a new angle for her. The Sheila storyline has played itself to death. Relaunching her in a business storyline would work only if it was tied to Jabot, which is a story that has yet to play out, it'll be Peter Bergman's story, it's a good 6 months off I bet.

Really, being tied to Michael has wrecked the character of Lauren...what's she to do? She's a dutiful mom, a caring wife and a patient daughter in law. Lauren needs to get her Bitch back...but that means ditching Michael. Sorry, but they can't co exist. Bitch Lauren would never have bothered with Michael for anything other than legal work.

The only story that could have worked was Lauren's post partum depression...which LML just dropped...an affair with Paul would work...but again, I just don't see Lauren going back with Michael.

• Members

I agree, And i think thats why i dont mind the lack iof story. because no she doesn have some great storyline but theys till use her. Is till see her. And whatever im a fanboy so im down with that, lol.

I would love for them down to line when a jabot story gets going tie her into it.

Again, and as much i LOVE Lauren & Michael i agree. Hell id even go for a short term seperation. They should rellay start to argue and fiht with eachother and have her up and leave and him try to win her back. CLB & TB are magic together, but youc ant get magic outa something. And the coupling is stale and a bore now.

I was loving Laurens PPD storyline and her emotional affair with Paul but then both got dropped. Personally if Laurenw ere to ahve an affair i vote for Brad. I love the bestfriends who flirt relationship with Paul.

After Victor/Ashley they should go back to Ashley/Paul. Or even Ashely/Victor/Nikki/Paul quad.

• Members

I don't know if I've ever seen that much chemistry between Ashley and Paul. Nikki and Paul, on the other hand...

As for Lauren, the first thing they need to do is sort out TEB's hair extensions. Tracey is an absolutely stunning-looking woman -- she looks better now than she ever did in the 80s and 90s. Auburn, wavy hair than comes down to her collarbone would be perfect for her, NOT the Sharon Mullet.

Secondly, Lauren has more experience in fashion than most of the characters currently on the canvas. Bimbo Sharon gets a job at NE but Lauren is ringing through somebody's scarf purchase on a cash register somewhere? Lauren was once a powerful, power-hungry vixen and while I love that she has mellowed and found true love with Michael, she needs to get her teeth into a work project. Perhaps Lauren is the answer to Restless Style as Fashion Editor? Or Jill's attempt to gain more power at Jabot?

Lauren also needs to mentor Phyllis. Lauren could be Phyllis's "older sister" figure, and not just because both are redheads. Lauren's been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. Plus, I find Phyllis strangely isolated on Y&R. Maybe that's why she's so dependant on and insecure about Nick.

101_17.jpg

Finally, I would love an emotional affair with Paul, but I would also like Michael and Lauren to rediscover their love because they and their flaws, insecurities and edges make them soulmates (something the writers have forgotten). Paul and Lauren, I'm sorry to say, never did anything for me.

• Members

Oh Cat, whenw as the last time i told you i love you? Because i do...

I really liked Ashely & Paul when they were dating. They didnt have off the charts amazing chem but a quad with them nikki and victor could def work IMHO.

word.

EXACTLY!! Lauren could so work at either company. Say they have a fialing fashion line and turn to Lauren. Laurne could even be torn between Newman and Jabot because of her love for the Abbotts or some [!@#$%^&*] like that. anything. And Jill & Lauren? Hello amazingness!! She could def shake up Restless Style. Esp bonding with Phyliss, talking with Amber about the Forresters and life in LaLaLand, and sharing storis with Daniel about his rockstar father.

Ia gree. I loved the freindship ebtween Lauren & Phyliss but it seems forgotten now. Both are pretty isolated and seeing them as friends was unexpected and intersting.

I agree. I think this is most likely to be the story we would get too. Lauren & michael could feel themselves growing apart and fight for the marraige and fall in love all over again. Dealing with the flaws, insecurities and edges theye ach have.

And as much as i lvoe Lauren & Paul, they really shouldnt go there again. But again, i do love them as ebstfriends who kinda flirt and bring up the past a lot.

• Members

The show is just firing on all cylinders right now. Acting, writing, PRODUCTION, music, it's finally a delight to watch. LOVED the Niki/Esther/Jill/Gloria/Jeffrey stuff too! The Marge/Kay arc was very well done, not overwrought, stupid, or silly, I'm impressed. Jeanne Cooper is just shining, I love her, and I'll miss

. I am happy that this Victor stuff is coming to and end though, while many across the boards hated it, I thought it wasn't half bad. It was almost like a Bill Bell type story, drawn out, character motivations.

Daniel had the LOD with "let's not talk about the bulge under Kevin's coat" LOL.

I wish they went on location for the accident though. But it's understandable with all the Paris stuff. Eileen was great in that final scene too. And isn't Nick supposed to be looking for Victor in Paris, what is he doing chilling with Sharon?

• Members

I'm so into the Marge/Kay s/l and I like how it invloves a lot of the cast, not just Jill and Co. You have Kevin, Gloria, Jeffery, Amber and by association Daniel along with the regulars Jill, Esther, Nikki, Cane and Billy even though they aren't in on the stuff happening today.

Glad the Paris stuff is being shot good. Some soaps mess up location shoots so bad. Sharon and Nick are SUPER B-O-R-I-N-G but them looking back on their "oh so great wuv" will lead to great drama, especially if it wakes up the Phyllis we all know and love (as long as she's not renting cars and running fools over).

Archived