AMC: The day has finally come

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really? Baker has proven to be completely inept in the role of Babe Carey. I can't imagine being surprised that her performance was about as charasimatic as a dead corpse.

I think the real shocker was Young who has plummeted so much in the acting department in such a short period of time.

• Members

I don't really watch All My Children, but from a production and writing standpoint, I expected better. The writing for Bobbie Eakes was especially weak too, and that line about Babe's death making her seem "non-existent" was in poor taste to me on so many levels.

• Members

I love Eakes regardless, I think she and Little Adam may be the only characters I feel sorry for in this entire storyline. Sadly Baker and her soulless performances have killed all the heart Babe once had. I see Charles Pratt did me a favor by giving her a mercy killing compared to the lobotomized cariacture version of Babe that Baker interpreted.

I think this could be a really good thing in general though. It may very well push Jabe into being the "super couple" many people wanted them to be with the whole death thing and I think JR should leave to California with Little Adam.

• Members

I am always the one preaching to give recasts a chance. And I still stand by that but shows also need to learn that when you have a recast who the fans are still trying to get used to and in the case when the recast can't act - you do not try to get them to be the pivotal part of a big story.

I like Babe as much as I do Kendall and Greenlee which is alot - I am just tired of all 3 of them and need a break. If Alexa had still been in the role in this instance I could have felt more for Babe. But the scenes were so weak. When she was crying out for them to save her son over her, poor Baker couldn't even emote any feeling at all. And I was just left feeling nothing and that was supposed to be a dramatic moment. But it just all fell flat. This is one time when I saw a recast was wrong for this story.

I wish AMC had cut Baker before this and just tried to woo Havins back to send Babe off. It would have made the scenes more poignant. It was just way too soon for a heart felt death scene when the onscreen rapport had not been built between any of the parties yet. I didn't even feel bad when I saw Krystal sitting there stroking her hair and then holding her. I kept having to remind myself that those 2 women had been everything to one another always but I just couldn't buy it from looking at the 2.

• Members

That is truely a tragedy seeing those relationships die like that in such a way. I remember how much chemistry Havins and Eakes had as well as how much Babe loved and longed for Little Adam. Alexa gave all of herself to those relationships and truely put her heart and soul to support those foundations in her character. It was always sad to see those relationships and those layers of Babe's character stripped away but what you just said just further shows how that truely wasn't Babe. We've seen Babe fight for Little Adam and we've seen how much she loved her son and her mother and that is something Baker couldn't even begin to imitate let alone emote.

Archived