B&B: National Enquirer/SNS Spoilers

• Members

Pam's reign of terror continues, and Donna is scared for her life, forcing her to walk out on Eric

A gleeful Stephanie tries hard to contain her joy, as she comforts a distraught Eric

Rick and Taylor announce their wedding plans

Brooke isn't happy, and voices her dissatisfaction

Rick warns his mother to accept his marriage or he'll be out of her life completely

Taylor enjoys Brooke's discomfort

Katie becomes obsessed with Baby Jack

Ridge is increasingly uncomfortable about Nick's renewed presence in Brooke's life, and when he walks in on Brooke/Nick/Jack posing for a family portrait, he flips big time

Meanwhile Ridge and Taylor bond, as they reminisce about their previous marriage

Stephanie wants Ridge to reunite with Taylor

Ridge and Brooke have a heated argument

Brooke/Taylor's latest confrontation leads to a shocking outcome

Eric is oblivious to the real reason for Donna leaving him

Owen is there for Donna, as Pam issues more threats to her life

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Toups was right - BB is creatively bankrupt. I hope he goes for a round the world trip and visits some real fashion houses and gets inspired again to write these familes and this show with the passion he used to...or quits and lets someone else lead this show. Ridge and Taylor again? Katie is going to obscess over Little Jack now? Another irritating "if only he knew why" s/l that keeps Donna and Eric in limbo? This fall we could actually see B&B slip to #3 or #4 in the ratings. Oh wait scratch that - all the other soaps are just as bad.

• Members

If you've seen any of my posts here, you know I agree with every word you write here.

Except....

Here is the one thing that is this show's saving grace: Although it lurches from cliche to cliche, most centered around relationships and death and children, at rocket speed...with characters doing 180s (e.g., Taylor giving up the baby)...B&B _makes sense_. They don't build things at the right pace, but it _make sense_ why Taylor is where she is today. It _makes sense_ why each person...all the way down to Pammie...is doing what they are doing.

And that is why B&B holds on. Brad DOES have a sense of history, motivation, and how (in rapid sequence) to justify just about any action. The lack of development and diversity gives the show a stagnant repetitive cliche flavor....but this isn't one of those shows where a character does something and you say "huh?".

In that sense, since few characters have been _destroyed_ (Ridge was always destroyed, and I fear Katie is ruined, but might be redeemable), there is still genuine hope.

But in the end, we are in total agreement. BEFORE this show teeters over the edge of ridiculousness even further, Brad Bell needs a genuine break. And if Kay Alden can't rebuild this show, then someone who CAN needs to come in.

I have this new burr under my saddle...I think they should give GH:Night Shift's Sri Rao a try. He has proven he can write at rapid pace, but he has also proven he knows how to *deepen* a canvas and make it more relevant...all the while staying grounded in history.

• Members

i get where you're goin Mark and I get that B&B is repositioning it's characters in order to serve the next go-round of drama. But i do not think all the characters are in a logical place. Starting with the biggest illogical character - Nick. He just went through a messy divorce for second time witht he same woman over his infidelitiy. He decided to move on with Katie, ok. Now in what must be 5 minutes, Nick is looking at Brooke again now that she has shared custody over Jack. And Katie - the common-sense Logan is bonding with Jack and starting to boscess over the baby and Nick being with Brooke. Taylor is longing for Ridge now???

The characters aren't even human anymore, just poker chips used to up the ante for some bizarre payoff at the end that gets shallower and shaller each time the wheel is spun again. B&B is the most maddening soap on the air. It's all about which new coupling will have the greatest impact. Can't you see the writer's meeting - "How bout Ridge and Taylor? We haven't done that in a while. Then we can get Rick in the Steffi/Marcus s/l."

B&B used to be more of a naughty little Y&R companion show now it barely resembles it's sister-program.

• Members

I tried :). But then I read something like this...so ACCURATELY eviscerating of this shipwreck of a show....that I can't even bring myself to defend it.

Maybe CBS needs to cancel both B&B and GL...and then consider a new Y&R spinoff featuring the young 'uns. (I know this will never happen).

• Members

Going by ratings alone and viewership in other countries, I don't think there's financially a reason for CBS to cancel B&B. They aren't going to say, well B&B's stories have been running in circles for 3 or 4 years so lets can it. As long as it's a viable money vehicle, they'll keep it around.

Archived