AMC: Wednesday, August 27, 2008

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the pacing was good, the acting energized, and it was very clear there was a new boss in the house. But as much as I thought RPG and BE did well in their scenes, I just thought the war debate was about as contrived and un-organic as it could get. Like, there was a big neon sign that said "social issue story" flashing over their heads. Two rebuttals I've heard so many times over the last five years on various news shows... and various bars I hang out in... I could have written that script in my sleep. There had to be a better way to get into it than that.

ETA: Same with Angie and Jesse. The talk over the past was just flung at us, out of nowhere, off of a couple hang-ups? (That could just be wrong numbers. It only happened once to Angie at home, and once to Jesse on his cell phone. I get them all the time at my place.) It wasn't the smoothest transition from yesterday, that's for sure. But I did like a lot of what I saw, in spite of the clunkiness.

• Members

I am relieved to see that Pratt seems to be quite interested in fleshing out Angie and Jesse. It seems natural the past would come up.....

Kendall just STFU but it was nice to see old stubborn Kendall show up today and how Zach knew exactly how to handle her. Hopefully Pratt gets Kendall more focused on her own problems than others. Cause she has alot right now.

Last I heard she was on recurring but TPTB love her and are negotiating a long term contract with her :)

Archived