Days: Week Of July 28th

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If there's one thing I can say that I'm pretty sure everyone will unanimously agree with (which is AMAZING considering how divisive this show has been lately), it's that Saitta is the BEST thing to happen to Days (I would say better than Ed in some ways) in YEARS.

The casting since she's come on has been pretty much flawless. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate what Ed has done - but he's fumbled at times (like most do - I'm not criticizing). But Saitta has nailed it EACH AND EVERY TIME.

Kudos, Marnie!!!!!!!

• Administrator

Yeah, everyone knows about Brady now. I don't think he reunited with anyone off screen. We found out about Brady's addiction/recovery and then we never heard about it since. Yes, Chloe is still on the show. She had sex with Lucas for some reason.

Again, pretty lame stuff. LOL

• Members

I disagree with ya toubs (thank the lord because us agreeing on days is just wrong),

I liked the explination of where brady had been. The drama it created with chloe/phil/victor.

and Chloe sexed it up with lucas cuz she wnted it. what better reason than that?

• Members

It wasn't a bad idea, per se. But like everything else on Days, it just missed all the important beats. Where the scenes where Marlena realized that with John being "Jawn", Brady would have NOBODY to play the role of the parent while he went through rehab? (WHich I would have bought as a MUCH better excuse for her to leave town when DH took her vacation, than she was "going to see Eric") And where were the scnees of John admitting that he was sorry this kid was going through this, but he can't be faulted for not caring when his entire memory of even having a son with Isabella had been erased. In fact, where were the scenes where Chloe and/or Belle (had she not been written off) dealt with the fact that their estrangement from Brady might have possibly contributed to his turning to external influences for "happiness" (however fleeting it was)

My issue with this, which is pretty much my issue with everythign on Days right now, is that the IDEAS are all fine. It's the execution that is non-existent. Chloe/Lucas? Fine. EJ/Nicole? Fine. THeo's autistic? Fine. Brady's in rehab? Fine.

Just GET ME THERE. Know what I mean?

• Members

I loved what EJ said to Sami. She *is* a diff person when shes around him and not in a good way like she was when they first started lumi love. Now (and wel to be honest since JERk came back) She feels the need to prove herself to him. Like she is not worthy of him. Lucas - the man who tried to murder her more than once.

• Members

Last Friday's episode was really good, then Monday's show bombed as did Tuesday's. However the rest of the week was great and I am really looking forward to the next 2 weeks after reading some spoilers. I am not sure how long this will last, I am just glad the show seems to be improving.

If a viewer blinked twice they may have missed Doug which is too bad because KA seems to light up in every scene she is in with Bill Hayes. I was more than thrilled to not only get a few scenes with Doug and Hope, but also Maggie! Suzanne seriously rocks my socks, I wish she was used on a regular basis as the show needs more of the Horton influence anyway. I was impressed with the writing in today's show, Linda Poindexter-Brown did a great job with the right family interactions. I know she doesn't write often, but everytime she does I really enjoy the show. Her and the PSNS writer(forget his name, Clem Egan maybe) who sometimes writes, seem to be the better writers, go figure.

I am all for Ejole to take down Trent together and the Phillip/Bo scenes were great. I hope thw show continues to improve and can somehow get some of that 18-49 demo back up.

• Members

Fridays show was one of the best episodes in months..So many great family interactions between: doug/hope, bo/phillip, and lucas/maggie..Plus i was surprised to hear about Doug's shady past, that was before my time..This Bo and Phillip story has really turned out to be a good one..And i'm loving that its brought Bo and Phillip closer together as siblings and is causing Bo and Hope a little bit of conflict..And i'm so happy Hope finally pieced everything together..i was relieved that Bo told Hope the truth, that was a nice surprise...

Maggie's scenes with Lucas were wonderful..So well written and the best acting BD has done in a long time..He really does shine with SR...Also i actually really like the idea of Lucas pushing Sami away and trying things with Chloe....Lucas and Sami need a break..As do EJ and Sami...Therefore, i'll say i loved the Ejcole scenes..Can't wait to see them conspire against Trent..Days has really improved a great deal the past couple weeks, it just hasn't gotten to a point where its consistently good every day yet...But i like the show much better now that Rick D has come aboard..

Archived