DAYS: Matt Ashford(Jack) News Update

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I honestly cannot remember anything Tom Hardy did which was SL-worthy. Shtupping Felicia in his garage on the hottest day of the year back in 1996? I have always found Jack Devereux to be a more complex and interesting character, although Jack & Jen were too cutesy for my liking (I also liked the hot guy who replaced MA as Jack back in the mid-90s).

• Members

it not even a MA vs MV thing. I like MA as an actor, just not as Jack. I have loved him in everything else.

on the flipside i dont really like MV as an actor, nor do i dislike him, but i loved his Jack.

and im usually so good about being able to blame writing and not acting.

• Members

The only story I ever loved for Jack and Jen together was actually not when Reeves and Ashford were playing the roles.

I loved Jack as a character and I loved Jen as a character - but as a couple they did not work. They were terrible and as someone said were written too cutesy at times for me.

I would love Jack and Jen back but not together. I want them apart and in their own stories.

• Members

Same here. They needed complementary souls to bounce against. Jen had that Brooks guy. Jack should have been allowed to explore the light and deep darkness in his character (kept in place by all that sardonic wit, and that's what won me over to him as a character, which is quite something considering his rape of Kayla). And the struggle between his wealthy upbringing and his much poorer biological roots.

Although tis all a moot point now.

Archived