Alternate storylines for OLTL's 40th Anniversary--

• Members

I would love to see Dorian die and go to hell, where she meets Victor Lord, her mother, Mitch Laurence, Jill Phelps and Brian Frons

Colin/Troy escapes from prison and chains Lindsay to a wheel; Jack Manning finds her and tries to convince Nora it's a true story

Starr and Jessica both go into premature labor; Jessica's baby doesn't survive so Natalie switches Jess's baby with Starr's. Or, Starr's baby dies and Lindsay gets off that wheel long enough to switch the babies so Marcie still has a child to adopt...and Todd immediately kidnaps the kid to keep him/her away from Marcie

Carlo also fakes Talia's murder so it appears that Antonio murdered her; Tonio goes to death row and is executed

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would like less camp, and more serious stuff with respect to the show's overall history.

I would also like tribute being paid to the show pre-Buchanan's, one thing I hate about this "tribute" it seems like Ron is paying tribute to OLTL 80's to present.

This would've been a good time to reintroduce Larry Wolek to the show's canvas, to at least have some sort of tie to the Woleks, who were one of the original core families on this show.

• Members

After hearing so much fawning all over OLTL lately, I've been deeply disappointed by this insanely campy and bizarre anniversary. I would've much preferred something more along the lines of what was done when Megan was dying several years back and multiple characters had death-bed conversations with her that set the stage for numerous flashbacks to crucial past stories. I can't believe I'm actually saying this but Guiding Light's history drenched episode from Monday was three times better than what OLTL has done so far this week. Remembering history is all well and good, but you have to respect it too, simply acknowledging it isn't enough. The show is starting to remind me of the early days of Wheeler/Kreizman on GL because they started out with alot of viewer support because they got rid of some unpopular newbies, SORAS'd some core family's kids, and focused more on long-term characters. But it soon became clear that while they knew and understood the show's past, they didn't necessarily respect it like the viewers did.

The tour through heaven thing isn't my cup of tea, but at least a real character is at the center and it's just incredible to see Slezak and Torpey together again. Bree Williamson is decent but Torpey is Jessica and she and Slezak always had such a wonderful mother-daughter vibe between them that Williamson & Slezak don't share. And they still have it.

I love seeing Asa under any circumnstances, no matter how ridiculous so I won't quibble with that but why did they even mention Tuck's Megan if she wasn't going to appear? To say that she was at a network meeting while her mother is teetering between life and death was inane, as was Nikki's appearance. She's been a miserable caricature for a very long time but she used to be an actual character with believable feelings and motivations.

Viki goes to heaven and wants to stay with...Ben? I'm sorry but Joe Riley and Sloane Carpenter were both far greater loves than Ben and, though still living, Clint is THE love of her life.

As fond as my memories of Tina and Carlo both are, the Mendorra story is a mess and a half. Both of these characters used to much more intelligent and shrewd.

But the Rex/Bo trapped in a time warp stuff is the real deal breaker. It's terrible, especially with them sticking contemporary actors into characters that don't fit them. Rex as Bo? Please. Jarred as Clint? Ugh. Natalie as Maria? Not even close. And why is that atrocious Gigi character still around at all much less being used in this?

I am grateful however that they haven't found a way to shoehorn Todd mind-raping Marty into this somehow.

Archived