The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm somewhere into May now, I guess (a few episodes after Penny's arrival). I've noticed that several episodes don't have closing credits. Was this true on the original airings as well or are the closing credits missing, or is Retro TV or the affiliate not showing some of them?

• Members

Loved seeing veteran character actor M. Emmet Walsh as the not-so-beloved Congressman Randall (who is also on the hospital board). It's always fun seeing folks in small roles on TD who would go onto long show biz careers of their own. Paul Michael Glaser was another one - as an orderly and also as half of a dancing couple at Ronnie's Restaurant.

• Members
Sorry if this was already answered...
I'm up to the episode where Liz brings Penny a record, and we hear several songs. Does anyone know what the album was? Was it just one of those generic cover albums that were popular at the time? I'd guess the show wouldn't have paid to have new people sing the songs and I can't imagine Retro TV did either. It was just weird to "hear" the songs without hearing the original singers. I will say Liz has great taste in music - "Working My Way Back To You, Babe" is a classic, and "Groovy Kind of Love" and "Hey Girl" are two of my favorite songs of all time.
Did anyone else notice that the episodes around this point suddenly started getting new camera angles? We saw a different version of Maggie at the filing cabinet, we got a POV shot from the nurses' desk (which I don't remember ever happening before), and weird angles in some of the bits where Steve was wooing Karen. I wonder if they got a new director or if someone was just bored.