The Doctors

• Members

My watching is relatively new and spotty, can you believe last night was the first time I saw Julia Duffy as Penny?  About how old is she here?

Anyone else really love the theme?  I hear it in my head a couple times a day, I also like the later wocka wocka version with the character portraits.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I enjoyed Rex though, especially his digs at "you people" at "Hope Memorial Prison."  His ending kind of fizzled out though.  LH tried to out-camp Matthew Tobin on several occasions but she was wasting her time.  He even bit his fist when Rex was panicking.

• Members

Matthew Tobin was a lot of fun, I will say, for the examples you just provided. There was a photo from the show's 12th anniversary party in 1975, with David O'Brien holding both Liz Hubbard's son and Matthew Tobin's daughter. Glad to see that the kids got along much better than their parents' characters did!! 😊 

• Members

That's so sad. He did terrific work on TD, not just as Rex Everlee, but as the maintenance man in Mama Simpson's apartment (who was a bit sweet on her) and as the grouchy justice of the peace who married Mike and Toni when they ran off and eloped. I loved when both daytime and primetime shows had such colorful character actors.

• Members

I got some help, you are lucky it airs in your area. I picked up with April and already the characters seem so much more likeable. I gave up with the early 70s episodes as everyone I loved (Rita Lakin tenure was amazing) I ended up hating. Who is Althea's new interest, Tom? When was he introduced? 

Nice to see Hank and Laurie still on I must admit I am surprised they even got to kiss in an elevator as an extra watched. Have they had any significant story outside of her singing woes? 

Edited by soapfave06

• Members

Not really, except for his troubles when his arm was temporarily paralyzed. Their wedding was off-screen, but they did get some pretty racy honeymoon scenes!! I'm still shocked that the green speedo Palmer Deane (Hank) wore got past the NBC censors of 1974!! 

In any case, I believe the Iversons stay on until 1976. I read in an old SOD synopsis that Hank had accepted a position in Boston.