• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

Head writer Shane Isheev has shared some pictures of what were alternate designs for the Neighbours opening titles over the years; in particular 1996, 1999 and 2002.

Here are the real titles from those years, for comparison. The 1999 ones that didn't make it to air were better than the ones that did!!

Edited by Skylover

• Members

My main issue with the current theme song is it's too downtempo in its production. There's nothing booming about it. Bonnie Anderson's edit is kind of the same, but has a bit more beat to it, and it worked:

I'd love for Delta Goodrem (ex-Nina) to record an edit of the theme:

• Members

I liked Bonnie's version better too, and would like Delta to sing the theme. The current version just has a cheap production, and the vocal isn't very good. My favourite is the extended Greg Hind theme from late 1994 to 1998, and the Janine Maunder theme from 2002 to mid 2007. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

The current vocal is just angsty emo woe and feels very out of date unless you spend your time trawling depressing tiktok/Youtube cover channels. I skip it every time. We shouldn't live in a world where some band using the theme to plug their shows finds a much better singer:

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Thanks! I have some of the old years on a drive, but the 80s especially is pretty poor quality visually, I guess due to how old the episodes are. 1995 and 1996 seem to have survived pretty well, so I've watched all of 1995 now and did start 1996.

• Members

A few more are on the Youtube channel I posted a few hours ago, but you're right - they are hard to find, especially in good quality. Too bad Amazon didn't put more up.