Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn't realize Emmerdale had an Instagram.

Here's a cute photo of Charley Webb/Mike Parr/Anthony Quinlan.

https://instagram.com/p/22osgviXR4/?taken-by=itvemmerdale

Adam Fielding with an ice cream cone.

https://instagram.com/p/25gMjfCXdj/?taken-by=itvemmerdale

Danny Miller showing the world that he has hairy legs.

https://instagram.com/p/26VJZSiXcR/?taken-by=itvemmerdale

Danny and Ryan Hawley.

https://instagram.com/p/26b6IMiXRf/?taken-by=itvemmerdale

• Members

How ironic she was "killed" by a Sugden, then!

Katie was killed off in a suspiciously dismissive manner. She didn't even get a tear-stained death scene! A llong-time regular being denied that is telling, indeed.

• Members

You never really heard of issues behind the scenes with her (as I've repeatedly seen people talking about on Digital Spy with Gemma Oaten), but I guess you never know. I know some fans feel Kate Oates didn't like her, but of course anyone says that if their favorite is ill-treated. It's tough to say. I know some say the same about Moira.

Anyway, superb work from Charlotte Bellamy yet again. Isn't this what BAFTA or BSA panel awards are for - not throwing prizes at show ponies?

• Members

You already know that she is going to get overlooked while EE and Corrie will be awarded for some mediocre serial killer or affair story. I've been catching up on ED and I've been enjoying Laurel's alcoholism. It reminds me of Felicia's alcoholism storm on AW, which I always felt was creme de la creme when it comes to this subject.

• Members

She's reeally falling apart and its so terrible to see. Like I don't know a lot about her history at all but she just seems like such a broken sad person. And the previews just make feel terrible for her husband. I don't know if I could handle that myself. Or forgive that type of betrayal. The heffa literally keeps telling him she's done with alcohol only to hit the bottle 15 minutes later....

• Members

Most of Laurel's stories built over years and weren't really limited to big episodes, but this is one that is one of the show's finest hours. Every time I see Ashley or Laurel I always think of this.

(there are 5 parts)

Edited by DRW50

• Members

It's a small ITV soap world...

The sexy bartender who was trying to keep an eye on Laurel was played by somebody named Dean Ashton.

A Dean Ashton also played Aiden Crichtley, the Corrie student about 15 years back who bullied Ken when Ken was working as a teacher.

• Members

Poor Marlon....SMDH. Laurel girl STOP IT.

I felt bad for Lisa. I swear Rachel can't disappear soon enough. Sampson does come across as really slow and dumb but I do feel bad for the guy being stuck between the two of them. Still tho he deserves better than that shrew. Jai does look nuts but I like the chem between him and Leyla.

• Members

I thought the episode was great - contrasting Betty's party with Laurel's horrific low made for laughter and sorrow, just as a soap should be.

Paula Tilbrook is a wonderful actress, very underrated because she was mostly remembered for the comedy gossip role, but she could break your heart too.

I respect her for coming back to finish out her story, and doing so with a creditable performance, rather than fading away, as many veteran soap actors sadly do.

I also appreciated the Ross/Zak scenes. It was good to see that side of Zak again, and it was a nice alternative to more of Ross and Debbie, Debbie and Ross, rinse and repeat.

Laurel - more superb work from Charlotte Bellamy. I was shocked at the scenes of her calling Gabby a "bitch" and terrifying Arthur. ED is lucky to be the "third soap" in instances like these, as EE would get a lot more criticism for using child actors in these moments. But I'm glad they did it, as it adds to the edge of what she's doing.

This episode really signposted a Laurel/Ashley reunion. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

More Corrie actors popping up on Emmerdale - the guy who gave Laurel money played a terrific, and sadly forgotten, character for about 8 years - Ken Barlow's brother David. He was also on Brookside.

Damn but Adam looked good throughout the episode...

The only real complaint I have is that I was disturbed by how casually Chrissie pitched that plan to lie to David after all her claims of being so good and noble, but this character is always inconsistently written.

• Members

For anyone else who enjoys seeing the classic episodes:

I've never uploaded videos, as I don't know really know how to edit, and most of my soap stuff is on tapes, so I'd have to use one of those card things to get them on a computer.

I did have some Emmerdale episodes that weren't on Youtube (not a ton, but some), and for anyone else out there who likes them, I'm going to start uploading them (hopefully it won't get shut down - when it gets to a point where music is played in an episode I'm not sure what I'll try to figure out...).

Bright Eyes will recognize the usename.

Anyway, here's the first. They take hours to upload, but I'll try to put up another one sometime tomorrow.

• Members

Betty's sendoff was good. I love that they allowed her to leave with the intention of living life--finding love abroad. Even at her age. Just reminds you how you can find love at any age.

I see the walls are closing in on Adam about his affair thanks to his reaction towards Victoria. Adam is always a screwup.

David can be a prick towards Alicia at times but I can't stay mad. Matt Wolfenden is too sexy to stay mad at. I say this all the time but ED has some of the sexiest, talented men on TV anywhere. It should be a crime!