EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So Denise is still miserable? I haven't watched EE in awhile. I practically gave it up again after the anniversary.

And they seriously need to do something with Fatboy or get rid of him. Same with Tamwar.

Are any of the younger characters driving story at this point? All I see on recaps of the show is the usual: Max boinking someone new, the Carters newest peril, and Bobby's crimes being covered up.

• Members

Abi's only real story is being a pawn for Phil. Ben is his sycophant. Nothing for Jay or Lola. Lee and Whitney found some money and Whitney is having more scenes with Stacey again. That's about it.

Denise is, or was, living with Dean, Buster, and Shirley (and Kim and Patrick), and I think they may have taken over the B&B because of her money issues, but I'm not sure.

• Members

I'd love to see Diane Parrish in Genoa City.

Rob Kazinsky's Frankenstein update has been ordered to series by Fox:

http://m.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/foxs-frankenstein-gets-a-series-order-and-a-new-title

As for tonight's episode Kat and Alfie's lottery afterglow wasn't as excruciatingly cutesy as I feared it would be. And Tameka Empson was really excellent in all her scenes. Wow. They really are reinventing Kim's character. That's something good, at least. As for Tina and Sonia...YAWN.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I wonder if she'll have a go at Lee so they can trash her friendship with Whitney too.

It's so trite, and yet even that is preferable to Stacey/Martin the man-child.

I'm so wary of how this Shabnam story will go. I have a feeling it will be written as a heinous bitch trying to keep Shirley from her precious grandbaby.

• Members

Here's Perry Fenwick circa 1986 (mildly NSFW).

I miss that shot-on-tape cheap 80's look. I think it made shows look more real.

This is dated in quite a few ways (more than anything the quasi-homophobic joke from the lady doctor).

I've always kind of wanted to see Perry's ass but not like that...

• Members

Do they have any other story for Stacey [or any Slater woman] instead of the usual affair/mistress story? These stories usually end bad and it undoes all the character progression the character previously had. I was never big on Stacey returning as I felt that character contributed all that she could her first run.

Good to see Charlie doing good. I loved him on EE. IMO, Bradley was the last decent young male to be on this show in years. All the others have been flops since.

• Members

I imagine it not leading to anything (just a slap in the face to one or both of Kush and Stacey), but I agree.

I actually wonder if Lee/Stacey would have been more interesting, seeing him slowly corrupted by the bag of rotting flesh that is Mo Harris, seeing Stacey and Linda clash after becoming friendly, seeing Lee cope with a small child when he's still young and immature himself.

I'm so desperate to avoid Stacey/Martin I'm sitting here writing [!@#$%^&*] fanfic in my head for two people who barely speak to each other.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

:lol:

I haven't watched in awhile but the day I did watch, I wasn't impressed with that they were giving Martin. Part of me wishes they would've just left him offscreen.

And I am over Stacey and her slutty perils. I just felt that's all she did her original run. So her being opposite anyone who is in a relationship just makes me gag.

Are they actually doing anything with Lee and Whitney as of late? I feel like that pairing is going to flop like all of Whit's previous ones. Whitney just needs to go.

• Members

I don't like this actor playing nuMartin, and I feel like the character bares no resemblance to the character James Alexandrou played. While Sonia is still her annoying self, I feel like they've completely tried to reinvent Martin, and it's not just the change in actors.

He may not have been the best actor in the world, but James is still Martin to me and the actor we watched grow up in the role.

• Members

Whitney hadn't appeared much until recently. They found some money in Stan's chair and I think Mick tried to use it to buy Shirley out of the Vic. There's never any real story for them and I could swear Lee was going back into the army soon, but who knows. It seems like he and Whitney are always rumored to be going. They'll probably be there in 2035.