EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Neither am I. Was Marin always this arrogant, moany, annoying, and kind of a jerk? I know Martin 1.0 wasn't the most interesting of characters, but I don't feel like he would have talked down to Fatboy for no apparent reason, like he's an irritant or something. Maybe it's the actor and his poor acting choices?

I also think it's unrealistic that Martin would just move into the Beale house like that, considering that Cindy - a teenage girl - doesn't really know him at all. The girl already has a baby, would Ian really care about her and Liam? Plus, what is Martin's problem with Sonia giving Liam condoms? It feels a bit super conservative of Martin to be taking the moral high ground on something he probably wouldn't do. Something about the whole story isn't believable for me.

On another note: Oh, Stan, why can't you hurry up and die? So tired of his repetitive scenes with Tina and co, moaning about them not caring about him, etc. and them falling over themselves to convince him otherwise. It seems to happen every other week.

Edited by Ben

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I always remember Martin being a moany brat, but we watched James Alexandrou grow up in the role so it worked a little more. This guy just seems so generic and so does his misery. It feels like a lot of forced conflict.

I agree about the way Fatboy is treated. Similar to the way Tamwar is treated. For all the talk of EE being a soap for "real" people, not stuck up like ED or Corrie, it has a disturbing class system and has for years now.

• Members

Well, I can never unsee Stan's bottle of wee and I can't unhear Donna talking about getting waxed.

If there HAD to be filler episodes like these to allow the "primary live cast" to rehearse the anniversary stuff then I'd have been happier with flashback episodes of Elaine Peacock singing show tunes, Tina and Zsa Zsa, Sonia and NuMartin, Pam and her grandson Paul, Stalker Sarah seeking redemption as caregiver to Willie Roper, Patrick and Cora before his stroke, Sylvie before her dementia, ANYTHING but what we've had to suffer last week and this week.

• Members

I saw this on tumblr. I love it!

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/cast-members-from-the-bbc-television-soap-opera-eastenders-news-photo/513657419?et=C36cfffvSF5o-2slJY1Ngw&referrer=https:%2F%2Fsafe.txmblr.com%2Fsvc%2Fembed%2Fiframe%2Fjonwilton%2F114040972550%3Fw%3D540%26h%3D360

Cast members from the BBC television soap opera EastEnders pictured together on the Albert Square set at Elstree Studios in Elstree, England in 1985. From left to right: Letitia Dean, Susan Tully, Shirley Cheriton, Gretchen Franklin, Wendy Richard, Anna Wing, Sandy Ratcliffe and Gillian Taylforth. (Photo by United News/Popperfoto/Getty Images)
Credit: United News/Popperfoto / contributor
Edited by DRW50

• Members

The actor who plays Kush is adorable. He's been charming from his very first episode. I still think it would make a great twist for Kush to turn out to be a radical extremist and his wife is actually not only alive but a co-conspirator. I don't think DTC is brave enough to follow through with this, though.