EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Has a baby switch been done before on EastEnders or any other British soap? I knew it'd be Ronnie doing the switching. When all is said and done, how Kat won't effing murder Ronnie is beyond me. This is weird to say, but I waiting for the day Janine is able to be a complete bitch about this to Kat. YUMMY KARMA!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

3:33 in:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJkBnpdtp0o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJkBnpdtp0o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJkBnpdtp0o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Too bad I can't find the scene of Lynne chasing Janine with the drying pan in the cafe. :(

I think Lynne also slapped the hell out of Janine once in the Vic as well.

• Members

Baby Daniel was actually the biological child of Greg and Mel Doland. The Dolands' child, Arthur, was actually Laurel and Ashley's. Laurel was very reluctant to accept this child and only reluctantly went along with Ashley's decision to fight for a paternity test and custody.

• Members

I hope so. I've been yearning for a well-written, thought out, long arc storyline. I have faith this could be it, but only if the right people get involved.

Now, we must make best on who finds out first! Roxy? Alfie? Michael Moon? Janine? Randomness guess, Zainab? LoL

Edited by Amello

• Members

Aw, no comments on Friday's show? I thought it was a really enjoyable episode.

I'll never be the biggest Jack and Ronnie fan, but their wedding, or what was made of it due to Roxy's money problems, was nice and provided nice moments for Roxy, Ronnie, and Glenda.

I think Friday was possibly the first time Kat was more like her 00-05 self since her return. We've gotten too much of the 'tart' on her return with little of the 'heart.' On Friday's episode, we got to see the show's definitive 'tart with a heart' back. She wasn't arguing with anyone or making demands, she was just being herself. That's why I hate how this show always focuses on one trait of a returning character for weeks and weeks, that's not a template that should always be used.

It was nice to see Kat and Ronnie come face to face about their similar childhood experiences regarding Harry/Archie. That's where I think the similarities end though in terms of the similar trauma. Ronnie is 100% defined by what Archie did to her and her backstory with that kind of abuse. Whereas Kat, even though what Harry did to her as a child will always haunt her, she's determined to not let it define her and it doesn't, she fights hard against that stigma, thus she's definitely more complex than Ronnie will ever be.

It's funny watching them building the Kat and Ronnie friendship knowing what's coming down the line...

Stacey and Max, what can you say? Lacey and Jake just have amazing chemistry, and it was nice to see Stacey saying that she had to start having some fun again and can't live her life defined over killing Archie or Bradley's death.

It's easy to see why Tony Jordan thought Lacey Turner should be cast as a Slater and why he thought she looked a lot like Jessie Wallace when she came in to audition for another role. When she's dressed in animal print, like today, she and Jessie do have a striking resemblance.

Billy and Julie are a really sweet and genuine couple. I think there is a lot of potential to explore between them. I think Julie has been a great addition thus far.

Oh Lauren figured out it was Stacey who killed Archie. But really, she needs to mind her own damn business, not like she gave to sh!ts about Bradley when he was alive anyway.

So it was Phil and Shirley that stole Roxy's money. I guess Shirley catching the bouquet means she and Phil will be getting married soon...

You know, I still believe that show has always made it clear that even though he treated them like sh!t, that the only women Phil ever loved were Kathy and Sharon. I bet if Sharon ever returns, they'll have him dump Shirley and get with Sharon again until the secret of Phil playing a part in the death of Dennis is revealed.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I was surprised that some didn't believe Phil would take Roxy's money. He will screw anyone over. I just wish Shirley could have a story of her own. She seems very superfluous.

I liked that the show managed to make the wedding episode kind of fun and yet emotional. I haven't watched most of the last few weeks so I haven't seen the earlier stuff from this week which really seemed to annoy some viewers, but I did like Friday's.

I was fascinated by the outfit they had Vanessa in. While it aged Zoe Lucker even more (she looked like Rae Woodard from Ryan's Hope!) I thought it also had a stylish and retro feel. So did Ronnie's hair and gown. I think Ronnie looks better in retro, and with her hair up.

I laughed when Kim said Jack had such a nice a$$. He does but I'm surprised that got in. :lol:

It's interesting to see them showing Julie as stealing things. At least they're showing another side to her character.

I really loved the brief moment between Kat and Ronnie. I think it helps address those who saw Ronnie's abuse as a knockoff of what happened with Kat.

• Members

So Y&RWT did you hear that

I keep doing to Masood/Jane what the show does with Lauren running over Max, and trying to just ignore it and it will go away. Sadly that never seems to happen...

I did love that scene where Stacey danced with Max. They have such a great relationship together. I get such a kick out of Max's harem, especially after the years when he was treated like something on your shoe. I will be sad to see his relationship with Stacey end.

It was strange adjusting to the scene where everyone was dancing and happy. Not that Eastenders is always miserable, just that the show is very up and down lately with the joy or fun and then with the bleakness. I think the show is going through a lot of stylistic changes, which is one of the reasons those who were so used to Santer seem to be angry. There has been so much anger about the show and some people saying Kirkwood will be fired and all the rest, but the ratings have held up very well, beating out Corrie in what was supposed to be a big week.

Robert Kazinsky is going to be on Brothers & Sisters. Glad I stopped watching that...

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/11/11/brothers-sisters-hobbit-actor-rob-kazinsky-joins-cast/

• Members

Catching up on some episodes...Janine is flipping insane! Loved what she did with the booze at the Vic. I really hate Kat now, so anything that grinds her gears is good in my book. I hated her shrewish behavior over Roxy and Alfie.

Carol's hair :lol: She looked like Annie Sugden from Emmerdale.

I hadn't watched in months, so this was my first time hearing the stuff about Ian that Jane told to Christian. Did it really happen like that? Because if so, Ian's an ass.

• Members

Yes what Jane said is true, although her endless need for a baby just annoys me and gives me little sympathy for her.

It looks like Glenda is going to be in the middle of some crazy stories in the next few months. Inside Soap is claiming

. Someone at DS is saying that

Edited by CarlD2