EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks for the Geri/GL tip, Carl. I'll definitely check it out.

I loved Bernadette Peters' performance as Rose in Gypsy. I loved the production itself, Sam Mendes did a great job with it. I think Laurents was simply pissed off that he didn't get to direct it himself as he had done with the first two revivals.

As for the episode tonight I agree that "HE'S YOUR BRUVVA!" was nowhere near as powerful as the "You ain't my muvva!" "YES I AM!" moment between Kat and Zoe. I think they could have come up with a more clever way for it to have come out.

Edited by TimWil

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Dot-Nick stuff was OK. I am looking forward to the Ronnie-Nick showdown and hope she ends up killing him.

The Lucy murder storyline just goes on and on and on. I gather it will pick up big time on New Years Eve. I think it's fairly safe to guess that dopey detective Emma will end up dead after finding out the culprit.

• Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNnq4G6r_GI

The most interesting part for me is they let her learn about and react to all the changes since she's been gone. Soaps sometimes forget to do this.

Nancy is so annoying.

Seeing Dean as a part of the all but depleted Wicks family just reminds me yet again of what a stupid mistake DTC made in destroying the character.

• Members

It was really good to see Kim finally return. She helped with the brevity of Denise's situation almost instantaneously. Did you see/know about the special end credits on that episode? I've never seen them do that before. It was a nice touch to end the year.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

I'm glad to see Kim return too. Glad too that she called Ian out as well. I just wish that when Jane's dull ass piped in, I wish would've went over and bitch slapped her along with Nancy. I enjoyed her flirting with Dean too and makes me wish that Chelsea was back on the Square. I always thought that she and Dean had great chemistry. I hope that with Dean interacting with the Foxes again that he'll be taken out the Carters orbit and tossed back in with the Foxes. And watching Patrick suffer from a stroke aches my heart along with having to watch Denise clean toilets at the Vic. I hope 2015 is a great year for Denise both professionally and personally.

• Members

Yeah, I didn't like Denise beating Patrick - OK, so she hasn't admitted to it, but it's pretty obvious that's where it's heading. If they really want to go this way, then it would have been better if we had seen more of Denise/Patrick, instead of a handful episodes here and there, as it's all be played off screen.

The NYD episode was probably the best for a long time. It developed nicely, was written well, and was suitably dramatic in all the right places. Loved the soapie goodness of Ronnie dying, then coming back to life, while Emma randomly collapsed every time Ronnie was stable, making you wonder who would die. Also loved how all the suspects randomly held their mobiles and randomly looked suss at the same time just for the sake of the storyline. This was also the first time I've actually liked Emma - she's a terrible cop (who isn't in soap), but it was good seeing her be proactive for a? change, instead of acting like all drippy.

And, Nick finally served some sort of purpose.

So, do you think Cora really will leave with Dexter?

• Members

All I keep thinking is if someone other than St. DTC had done that Ronnie stuff, not to mention Emma not bothering to go to a doctor and instead just wandering around with a head injury, they would have been torn to pieces by fans.

I'm glad the show has improved in the ratings but between some of the more desperate fans and the continued shock value stuff, it's tough to get back whatever feelings I once had for the show.

Are we supposed to be invested in Ben vs. Lee? I think the only way I might is if they hook up. At least we'd get to see Lee close to naked.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Clearly, unmasking Lucy's killer is far more important than going to the hospital after being mowed down by a car. wink.png I let that slide b/c this is Emma: the ex-cop who thinks she's unmasked a killer and decided to confront said killer over the phone and in the park, instead of going straight to the police. In light of this, her not going to hospital is understandable.

I don't know, people are suckers for a stunt, and I think even if it wasn't DTC producing, they'd still get praised for this.

Ben Vs Lee randomly pops up for no real reason. I don't think it's even a story any more, just two characters who hate each other for no real reason.

laugh.png Carl - the only thing left to do when a character is bland and pointless is to get them naked.

• Members

I thought the New Year's Day episode was beyond ludicrous. Emma wasn't sideswiped by the car, it frigging ran her over and she hit the ground but she still got up and wandered around. And anything with Nick in it is beyond awful IMO. Pantoland times a thousand. And it's only going to get worse in the coming weeks as he tries to get Charlie to accept his newborn son.

The show decided to skip New Year's Eve completely which was baffling because wouldn't that be one of the busiest, most lucrative nights of the year for the Vic? Then again Mick and Linda were off "on holiday" leaving Nancy and Lee in charge. Oy.

Cora's not going anywhere. Ann Mitchell has signed a new contract.

I was so convinced that Max will be Lucy's murderer that I was tempted to place a bet on it while I was in London recently. Jake Wood pulled a stunt a few days ago when he was seen at a darts tournament holding an "I killed Lucy Beale" placard. As a result bets flooded in for Max being her murderer, lowering the odds significantly. I don't think this was mere cheekiness on Wood's part. He's apparently very pissed off that the BBC won't let him do the Strictly Come Dancing arena tour which could have earned him a significant chunk of change.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

The Charlie/Ben part of this is just more interchangeable EE violence (Ben getting beaten up is practically a meme at this point), but the part with Ben and Sharon is better. This isn't the type of life Sharon should have to lead. Under all that bizarre Shameless-style camp, there are a few glimpses of vulnerability (and of Letitia trying to act), but that isn't the Mitchell world. Ben is likely beyond saving, as sad as that is to say. I just hope she gets out while there's still time to save herself.

She needs to burn those false eyelashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbjVf39bl00

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'd be all for Ben getting kllled off this year. The actor just isn't working out and I think the character has actually run its course.

Someone connected to the show told me recently that there really has been discussion about bringing back Gillian Taylforth. I don't know anything more than that. Maybe it could be a Kathy look-alike rather than Kathy herself?