Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

I think the other openings fit those soaps. I think HO's opening fits the current show but not the very dark show it was for most of last year.

Speaking of other soaps, the woman who played Steve Owen's sister Jackie on Eastenders 10 years ago will now be playing Zoe's and Archie's mother. Jackie's main story was having some type of female problem which caused her to become enraged and beat up her boyfriend, Gianni di Marco.

Kris' and Malachy's mother will be returning briefly for Kris' graduation.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

"Forever" :( Poor Hannah.

Loved Josh and Rhys fighting and how Josh sticks up for his sister.

I hope you're right.

Yeah, I loved the long establishing shot with the music playing....and there were no previews (of other shows) playing. I love it when the show does that for "special" episodes.

LOL True.

For Hollyoaks, I love the graphics/photos of the cast too. I'm not that big of a fan of the music though.

• Members

Thursday's episode, I liked Nancy, Hannah, and Sarah. I like the friendship they have, and how when one of them are at their lowest, the other two are always there in the end to help their friend.

Friday's episode, I CANNOT BELIEVE they

Clare! They brought her back to

her? I love how she told Sasha and Calvin at the end, "I'll be back!" :lol:

I can understand it though, Clare committed too many crimes and harmed too many people for her to ever be a functional character in society ever again. But I just wished they had just left that red shoe scene alone and never had her come back for Friday's episode.

Oh, and I can't stand Jacqui, Dom told her exactly what she deserved to hear.

And poor Anita, being conned by Lauren, Newt, and Theresa again.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I have a soft spot for Jacqui. She's a cow and she treats people horribly but she's very insecure underneath, she's a good person deep down. Like the way she was before she got pregnant and then learned she could not carry a child. She's been damaged since then, she lost her warm, caring side. I think Claire Cooper is a brilliant actress and I love watching her, so I put up with a lot from Jacqui I probably wouldn't from someone like Sasha, who can't act. I want Jacqui to finally get new stories, better stories.

How do you feel about the pub? I hear a lot of people say the Osbornes have to run the pub or it doesn't seem the same, but I think they had their day. Jack seems to barely be a part of the show now, and Frankie was always an interloper in the pub. I don't think the Ashworths are a good fit but I don't know who would be. Maybe Darren and Cindy, or Darren and Steph. Or Malachy and Mercedes.

Justin and Russ were both great characters poorly used over the past few years. At least they got good sendoffs. I do wish they'd had Russ leave to be with Dannii.

• Members

Darren is my favorite character. The actor is talented and should be used better. It would be good if Darren took over the pub with Cindy, but it looks like she is hooking up with Tony. I better a pair to run the pub would be Darren and Mercy. With Darren and Mercy, there would be entertaining craziness there all the time.

I am so pleased that Russ got to take Max. Max is much better off with Russ than the McQueens. I'll miss Russ. I liked him heaps.

I like Calvin. He can't act, but I swoon whenever I see him. He is gorgeous.

• Administrator

Awww......Claire got arrested. What was the point of that? Even though she screamed, "I'll be back!!" when she was arrested, I prefered her escaping the fire and leaving that red shoe behind.

Word. Claire Cooper makes me like Jacqui....I think it's the blue eye shadow. :wub: But really, I love it when she's yelling at other people, she's scary in a sexy way. LOL

I hope she's really hot. The show took a hit (in the hottie department) after losing Roxanne and Sarah Jayne Dunn.

• Members

For anyone wondering what song was played during Justin and Russ's final scene, it's Got A Suitcase, Got Regrets by Tom McRae...

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

It looks like Zoe Lister (Zoe) is leaving. Her exit will be in December.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/a...oS7QPfQrMvIHZog

Supposedly Kris is also leaving around that time, as well as Hannah. I wish the show had done better at bringing in strong new characters, as this is so many voids to fill. I think they should consider bringing back some old characters.