Where the Heart Is 1969-1973

• Members

Thanks. I've heard some of those stories but didn't realize Weiss was behind them. I guess that makes sense, as his time at WTHI seemed to have some risque stories (did he come up with the priesthood and the artificial insemination stories at Secret Storm). It's too bad this didn't help the ratings for The Doctors. Perhaps by then a lot of people had left and weren't coming back.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know. I was shocked. The face is still the same but the Emmylou Harris type hair is a big change. There's a color photo of her on the cover, a small one - I'll try to put that up sometime.

I wonder what her wardrobe was on WTHI. Her clothes on Ryan's Hope were so horribly unflattering and then it got even worse when Kimberly arrived.

Edited by CarlD2

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Hi, it's me (edgeofnight)...I have had e-mail problems, and a lot going on (with yet another surgery), so I had to change my user name etc...I love the Jeanne Ruskin article. May I copy it and send it to her?

Since I've had these e-mail problems etc...I have missed 'talking' to all of you. Thank you, CarlD2, you're the best. Your articles cheer me up in ways that you can not imagine. I spoke to Donald May the other day. he turned 82 years old. Can you imagine? And here's another shock...he is about to become a grandfather for the FIRST TIME. He said it will be a new role for him.

• Members

Sure, if you think she'd enjoy the article. I hope she does :) If you want me to scan the actual pages of text just let me know - I usually don't because they can blur and typing them out means people can see the words.

That's great about Donald May. I hope to be as active if I get to 82.

I'm glad the articles help make you feel better. When I have a chance I will scan more.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I'll make the photocopies as they are now, if there is a problem, I will let you know. As disappointed as I am at not going to the conference, I am hoping that I am on the fast course in getting these long-standing problems resolved. All eyes are on March 10, when I have my second surgical consultation and then we will set a date for BIG surgery #1. Hey, maybe Dagne Crane (ex-Sandy ATWT 1965-71) will be my chauffeur to the hospital. The next surgery will be with a neurosurgeon -- in a race against time before the compression on my spinal chord paralyzed me...my, what fun...and I'm only 54 years old!

I am also keeping my fingers crossed that, perhaps, maybe Jeanne Ruskin, herself, will VISIT me at NYU. Wouldn't that be wild? We'd have over 40 years of soap memories to share with one another. I wrote to her about my surgery. Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Thank you for all your help and your prayers and friendship.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Perhaps this has been asked and answered already, but does anyone here know what happened to Diana Walker, who portrayed Mary? There are a lot of actors from WTHI and LIAMST I've always been curious about, and van der Vlis and Walker are always at the top of the lists.

• 2 months later...