Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Geraldine Page is just divine with her hat and black cigarettes. The way she caresses and kisses that phone, i.e., Johnny, before slamming it down is my favorite part of this whole movie. Someone had a "Who Do You Wish Appeared on Soaps?" thread a while back, and she, Kim Stanley, and Sandy Dennis would get my vote (Geraldine and Sandy only did brief stints).

Edited by SFK

• Members

BTW this was the era that ABC Daytime was using a lot of movie music (the Halloween theme in AMC most famously, but other examples). The synth music when we first see April's dress is from Giorgio Moroder's excellent synth score for Cat People a few years earlier.

Nice to see this even if the era was odd (big business stories never fit Loving too well IMHO).

Nice to see the Loving pilot being uploaded--it's such an odd hybrid, but has some nice stuff (i own two copies of the commercial video tape, LOL)

• Members

I don't think this was ever mentioned on Loving. On Loving, he left, and then came back briefly for Trisha's 1993 exit. I think he went on Egoli after this. I guess they must have paid Agnes Nixon for the character's name, but it wasn't a part of Loving. He then left Egoli a few years later with a character played by Esta Terblanche.

I just wonder if Egoli ever mentioned Jeff's past.