DAYS: This Week in "Days" History

• Members

New feature added this week to my "Days" website. A look back at Salem happenings from 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years ago! The first edition is below. http://members.aol.com/jason47b

This Week in "Days" History: Second Week of June

30 Years Ago: June 12-June 16, 1978: Janice went into shock after Joann fainted in their Florida hotel room. Mary resigned from Anderson Manufacturing and went to work for Chris. David learned that Valerie was coming home for the summer. Margo refused to marry Mike. Marlena made a professional appointment with Neil. Bob encouraged Linda to accept Neil's offer of the lake house. Maggie blamed Mickey for Janice's disappearance.

25 Years Ago: June 13-June 17, 1983: Neil took Marie home after making her realize that the cause of her paralysis had been emotional. Anna paid Woody blackmail money to keep mum that her marriage to Tony wasn't legit. For big bucks, Gwen agreed to Mickey's plan to let Maggie think that Don was seeing Gwen on the sly. Melissa helped Hope, who ran away after another tiff with Julie. A strange man tailed Hope. Liz was relieved that Maggie remembered talking with Marie right after she was shot. Trista was lured to a warehouse full of memorobilia from her childhood. Eugene was upset to read a hate letter from an old flame of Trista's. Hope befriended a troubled teen, Jane. Bo vowed to solve the murder of Trista's mother and also searched for Hope.

20 Years Ago: June 13-June 17, 1988: Patch moved out of the loft to give Kayla a chance to come to terms with losing her speech and her hearing. Kimberly taught Kayla to use sign language. Jack continued his search for Adrienne's brother, Billy, despite Harper's objections and unaware that Jack himself is Billy. Patch went to California to make sure Jack doesn't get any information from the agency that handled the adoption of Billy. Harper kept mum that he's sterile when Anjelica told him she's pregnant. Harper ordered Anjelica to have an abortion. Shane caught Eve, who had Alan try to scare Kimberly by phoning her and claiming to be The Slasher. Diana accidentally shot Roman, who wasn't injured because he was wearing a bulletproof vest. Roman saved Diana from an attacker and then sent her off to Japan.

15 Years Ago: June 14-June 18, 1993: Jennifer and Jack have a pleasant anniversary until little Abby's fever returns and she must be rushed off to the hospital. Kate is thrilled when Lucas is nominated for West Point, but she worries that something from her past could hurt his career. Vivian is almost caught by Lawrence, but slips away. Bo and Carly agree to temporarily move into Kimberly's old house. John tries to track down Marlena, adding to Sami's fears that he could be the father of Marlena's baby. Abe is upset when it appears that a vigilante is at work in Salem and his first victim is a known drug dealer. Austin refuses to cover for Lucas and the police realize that Lucas was driving under the influence of alcohol.

10 Years Ago: June 8-June 12, 1998: Lucas sees Sami and Franco making love. Franco tells Roberto he needs to marry Sami before he gets deported. As Bo and Billie prepare to bury their daughter, Georgia, Billie vows to destroy Hope's life. Kate tries to reason with Billie and tells her it would be best if she divorces Bo. Mike tells Ali that he doesn't know where they will end up, but he's interested in finding out. In Los Angeles, Nicole is worried that Eric may find out all of her secrets, when Jay shows up and tells her she can't forget about the past. Vivian tells Ivan that she's going to take down Kate, and starts off by stealing two authors from Titan. Stefano tells Celeste not to work with Vivian or he will be her new enemy. Stefano and Rolf get ready to take control of Vivian. Hope questions Celeste and Stefano about her time as a prisoner at Maison Blanche.

5 Years Ago: June 9-June 13, 2003: Mimi tells Rex he needs to tell Tony that he is not Rex's father. As Rex demands Rolf tell him who his mother is, a bunch of crates falls on Rolf, killing him. Bo and Hope celebrate Zack's third birthday. Bo and Hope get their first case as bounty hunters, arresting Ray Meeks. Jack and Jennifer return from their honeymoon. Nicole asks Larry to kill Victor. Cassie comforts Lucas while he waits for Sami to recover at the hospital. Philip and Tek overhear somone spying on them, and Belle ends up getting knocked out. Marlena tells Tony off. To help out Mickey, Shawn meets with Maya. Brady breaks up with Chloe so that she can move to Europe and start her opera career.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In other words, one of the most boring weeks in DAYS history. What a coinicidence that five years ago, Higley was writing the show and it was the same week that we're in now, exactly the same.

• Members

If time permits, I should be posting weekly updates of the 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 year mark. I also have to start work soon on the Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) tribute. Her 35th anniversary is in August. This will be the first time her debut episode script will be available online. Also in December, Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie) celebrates her 40th anniversary with the show. So that's two major tributes coming up in the next six months!

• Members

Yes. I'll be doing them weekly. FrenchFan, as I posted above, newspaperarchive.com would be one place to look. Another would be the New York Times archives. I think that's where I got most of them. It was so long ago that I did that research, I forget exactly where I found them all.

Archived