GH: Week of May 12

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IU don't agree. Claudia hired a hitman to kill Sonny, she didn't think that the hitman would shot a child. Is she part of the reason why Micheal was shot? Yes. However Sonny, Carly and Jason are above all most responsible for putting the child in a dangerous situation like that in the first place when they chose to live the lives that they do. It's not like thewy didn't expect stuff like this to happen. They had all of thier children kidnapped at some point, even Carly and Sonny had children "dead" at one point, they have to know that this is a possibility and they are accountable for what happended to Micheal before anyone else. They know what to expect and they know how violient this business can get and I can't feel sorry for people who live the life and then whine when they get hurt especially when Sonny and co. hurt other people just as bad as they are hurt. And in my world Jerry Jacks threatened a roomful of people one person which was pregnant and he deserves to die for that. Not to mention Alan actually DIED and didn't have the possibility of waking up, so yeah Jerry is much much worse.

SR is all charm and no substance. He simply is there because he is witty and has a semblence of class to his character who is supposed to be a rabid ruthless animal, he is no where near talented enough to make his actions justifiable nor is he layered enough to make the character human and to give the character depth to the point of redemption. He surely isn't talented enough to the point where he can straddle the right/wrong line especially after his misdeeds. There are several actors that can on this very show RH comes to mind as an actor who is talented and experienced enough to keep the character sincere and true to being genuinly likeable regardless of his horrid actions. SR doesn't have enough meat in his portrayal to justify his airtime or his contract status.

I have to question what redeemable qualities Jerry Jacks has. I personally have never been able to see him as anything more then a psychopath in a well bought suit. I actually think Claudia is much more human, she is damaged, irrational but she is also deeply wounded and in her own way helpless. I think she is very much like Faith and I find her to be much more sympathetically portrayed then Roche' who is more or less just apperance and fluff then actual grit and reality. Brown is also much more charming and interesting and investing as a performer.

• Members

It boils down to your preferences versus the next person. He's on a soap and maybe some people would take the charming man who is also cold and calculating over the cold and calculating woman with no charm or class regardless of whether the character might potentially have layers.

I don't care for either character and the acting ability or lack of neither is enough justification for either character to still be around.

Sure there are a lot of beautiful people on soaps who lack acting skills but I don't see that as reason enough to keep awful characters around just because their portrayers can act. Claudia can be someone who was wounded and traumatized as a child and that still does not justify her leaving Kate to bleed to death or her bad choice in hit men since it led to a child being shot in the head. Sonny being in the mob doesn't absolve her of her guilt nor does it give her or anyone else who would shoot a child license to do such.

Maybe she works for you but the point of my post is that she doesn't work for me and I don't see her as redeemable so she and Jerry can kill each other.

• Members

I can't find one redeemable quality to Jerry. He guts women like you would a fish, taunts them and then sends them into the soup. This is the type of material you give to your worst villains. Even Manny didn't get such explicit behavior.

GH has a bad fetish for violence towards women. They will kill Ian with one clean shot, kill Lo off camera, and when Diego is strangled in his own rope, it happens tastefully in shadow. But then women get tortured. Claudia today, Faith on the tarp preparing to be shot by Jason, Courtney's mother groveling for money as Sonny berates her. It's just wrong. Jerry needs to be the first one to go, even more than Ric "I chain my babymama to walls as I prepare to rip their fetus out forcibly" Lansing.

• Members

So is it me or is it everytime we see Spencer it is a different child? Just watching Friday's show and Spencer came into the room and I swear it is a different child actor than the last time we saw him with Nicholas and Nadine at the stables. He seems older again.

Archived