The State Of Days

• Members

But, I think for many, reading summaries keeps them from FF through material they tuned out or don't want to watch in the first place. Reading summaries allows them to see if there is anything that might makethem want to tune back in, and if there is, they just may give the show a chance. I think for many it's a way to save time from watching the BS.

And, I can't say as I blame them. Watching a show just because you should and being told something is wrongwith you if you don't is somewhat.......wrong, IMO. JP and others can at least recognize that there may be people who just don't want to watch Days anymore, for whatever reason. It doesn't make them wrong or right.......it just is. And those people have just as much right to not watch the show, for whatever reason, than the people that do watch it because they enjoy it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:wub:

Roman, I love how we agree on almost nothing yet totaly respect and even understand eachothers stance. If only everyone could just have a level of respect for eachother. That doesnt mean not going back and forth on issues and debating things, but going back and forth and discussing is something diff than arguing and calling fans out. (and im really not saying this about anyone thats posted in this thread, because that level of respect and debate has been there. Its just an overall rant baised on the past year or so... so dont take this personal)

Just ebcause someone isnt watching RIGHT NOW doesnt mean they are not a fan. When HS was writting i turned days off. It didnt mean i wasnt a fan, it means i hated the show at that point in time. Online previews and recaps and random clips is how i kept up and decided if and when i wanted to tune in.

• Members

Well said Roman and Jack. We all have a variety of reasons to either watch, fast forward certain things or not watch at all for a time. I admit that I have always watched (well except for that 10 year period where I had to go to work and had no vcr (1975-85) but right now, I am not a fan of several stories - Max & Stepanie is the main one plus Chelsea & Daniel if that is where the show is going. And Steve and Ava. Yes, I am prejudiced because I am a diehard Steve and Kayla fan from back in the day and I have a hard time watching "love" scene flashbacks of Steve and Ava. Now what is about to happen today between the two of them is more than I can bear. It is close to making me not want to watch anymore. Especially if Ava gets pregnant because all Steve is trying to get his family away from her.

• Members

See, I just FF stax and they dont bother me. I Am loving chelsea & Daniel. And i am all for Ava/Steve, but i HATE steve & Kayla (i also hate bo/hope.. blame it on the fact that i was born after 1987 and loved bo & Billie and have hated hopeless since she came back... lol).

But, i do understand where you and just about everyone comes from. I for one am loving days right now.

• Members

Well, Jack, being that you were so little when Steve and Kayla were the super couple of the late 80's I can see how you can't get into them now. They have been written poorly since coming back. Now I can agree with you regarding Bo and Billie when they were played by RKK and Lisa Rinna. Wow, I loved them together too. That was of course when Hope was off the show.

• Members

It has nothing to do with a person's choice to watch a show or not. I have no problem with that. Everyone has a right to choose. My point is that I don't think you can get a feel of a show from summaries or daily recaps. Sometimes something may sound awful when described in words but it shows up amazing onscreen. That is all I mean. I mean, if you still like to watch the show every now and then, I think it's just better to watch when you want and FF what you know you won't like. That doesn't mean you should watch. I just think you get a better feel that way because you at least are watching parts of it and it helps you decide if you want to start watching every day or more then you do. I just think summaries simplify things too much. JMO.

• Members

That's a problem. 'Cause I felt that way for years, especially when I was younger. I just accepted that all soaps were stupid and awful, and left it at that... I'd watch just to make fun... until I started reading about them and watching old footage. (I actually did remember them being better when I was a little kid, though.) "It's a soap opera" just isn't a good excuse, and it never was.

• Members
That was exactly what I meant as well.

Roman I never said people had to watch the show. I just said and meant just what Phoenix is mentioning here... I'm gonna quote him actually. I don't think you can get a feel of a show from summaries or daily recaps.

JackPeyton. I wasn't talking about clips. I said reading summaries etc. Since I mentioned reading (not watching) I actually meant summaries, recaps and spoilers.

• Members

I never said that you said that.

I hear what you are saying. We just see it differently, that's all.

I feel that if a person wants to keep up on a show via the internet or reading summaries, that is cool. And their right.

If others want to watch and keep up that way, also cool.

I'm just not of the opinion that you have to record the show, FF through the parts you don't like, and watch the how-many-ever minutes you want to watch. One could just read a summary, get caught up, and move on.

But........to each their own. One way doesn't trump another. :)

• Members

^^ lol Then why did you point that out when no one was even talking about it, and/or if that wasn't what you thought I meant?

It's really not about what you have to do. No one is telling anyone what to do, so I don't get why you keep saying it's their right etc. It has nothing do with if someone wants to keep up with a show from summaries, spoilers or daily recaps. If they want to, then who's standing in the their way? Phoenix and I are just saying we don't think you can get a real feel of the show just by reading about it. We believe if you want to get the true feel about a show, it's better to actually watch the show and not just read about it. Again if you don't want to, really it's fine. You might miss out on some stuff though. What you see on paper can play out in a totally different way on screen.

Hey, I'm just speaking from a personal experience and it's not just about ATWT. For a couple of weeks a while ago I read daily recaps of DAYS. I didn't have the time to watch at the moment, but I downloaded the episodes every day so later on I could catch up. And when I did, for me it really wasn't the same. But maybe that's just me. :)

"Jack Peyton". I just read a previous post of yours that I don't get.

Whether you're a fan or not wasn't even a part of the discussion. Where's this coming from, I'm really lost. :lol:

Archived