Y&R: Week of April 14, 2008

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You weren't kidding! It was VERY TOUGH. Wow, I don't think I've seen so many nominees with A+ clips. Not one of those nominees was a dud. Unfortunately I think the 3 (!) Y&R nominees split the vote. Also, Jill Farren Phelps was EP at AW during that period, bloc voting time!

But in all seriousness Anna Holbrook was fantastic on AW and absolutely deserved it. Plus she was an elegant winner that the rest of the cast appeared to adore.

• Members

That whole Keesha/Nathan/Malcolm/Olivia story was just fantastic. Talk about an umbrella story. Tonya Lee Williams rocked everybody's socks with Keesha, the affair, the face-offs with Nathan, when Nate was kidnapped...

Sublime. Both acting- and story-wise. It may be an unpopular opinion but IMO it was (except for Mari Jo going after Old Vic and La Bug :P ) the last really great story Bill Bell wrote. Y&R was in some slump from late 1996 to very early 1998 when Kay Alden took over the reigns. The show was good (think of Cassie's introduction) but many stories sucked (Kurt Costner guy from DALLAS, Ashley giving new meaning to the word boring, Kay being an endless wallpaper character travelling the world...)

As for current Y&R: Just came back from Barcelona (I won't call names on those sh*tty airline connections I endured but leave it at that; I now officially declare war on Iberia BTW :P ) and realized I don't have recording for most of Y&R last week. I guess I gonna have to read what happened, Innertube never works for me even with their 2 minute clips... <_<

I don't think Y&R is that bad these days although so much is headed for the wrong direction - think pre-December 26th 2007 writing-wise... :rolleyes:

• Members

The moment I was told I wasn't on the airline's passenger liaste I'd LOVED to have a p.a. - just to pull a Naomi Campbell and throw my cell phone at him/her... :lol:

Maybe some former writer who shall not be named but does not want to work at Nordstrom is reading this and re-hinking my offer. ;)

To finally leave off-topic-territory: Where's Kay? And what's up with her writing her memoirs? Last I saw Amber she was frantically looking for Kay (and running into preggers Lilly at the Chancellor manse) the one episode and the following episode this issue was totally forgotten and Amber acting as if nothing ever happened. As I mentioned before the writing staff is slacking and leaving lots of desire to be fullfilled but I could take it if they just used Kay's flashback memoirs more...

• Members

Iberia sucks. I sat around Seville airport for 5 hours waiting for them to get their ass in gear. Nobody would tell us anything because the whole mess seemed to interfere with a 5 hour lunch break the stewards were taking. Luckily my friends waited with me (they are truly great friends!), but GOD.

And Y&R is better than it has been but it needs to step up to the plate. Right now it is strictly treading water (apart from the Lily pregnancy SL. And even then, it is Neil who has been emoting his heart out).

And when is Adrianne Leon coming back?!

Archived