B&B: Week of April 14, 2008

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Spectra was in trouble when Adam & Kimberly left.

Macy was relegated to Thorne's standby, Clark became a glorified extra & after Becky's death CJ was only used to cause drama for Rick & Amber then completely dropped for Deacon.

Definitely.

But there has to be more focus on business & less on relationships.

• Members

Tiny's death was so heartbreaking as a dog lover and also a Tiny fan. The actor did an amazing job and had a future in soaps. I guess the TV Guide report about his diva ways led to his exit. Sad. This could give Alley Mills some great range for her Emmy tapes. She didn't play it for camp, she played it like Tiny was her only friend which is true. Even Jennifer Garies stepped up her game. I just hope Tiny gets a proper send off with Pamela's family supporting her. After all she did for Ann and Stephanie she deserves some attention. Especially from Stephanie's sorry ass.

I miss some of the fierce business stories, but I'd settle for simply using the cast. The Spectra's will always be better than the Marone's, so why aren't they being used? Why is Nick the only man in LA? Are Clarke and CJ not attractive guys? Just because Sally is gone doesn't mean Spectra has to be. If they wanted to be creative they could let Clarke and Stephanie have a fling. Unfortunately, these writers simply aren't creative. Nothing Brad Bell does is original no matter how enjoyable (as fluff) it may be.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Apr 20 2008, 11:51 PM)
I miss some of the fierce business stories, but I'd settle for simply using the cast. The Spectra's will always be better than the Marone's, so why aren't they being used? Why is Nick the only man in LA? Are Clarke and CJ not attractive guys?

WHAT? Clarke? Clarke? :blink: That one is a boreeeeeeeeee! I can't believe what I'm seeing!

If they wanted to be creative they could let Clarke and Stephanie have a fling.

Oh, you've got to be kidding me! :lol:

Unfortunately, these writers simply aren't creative. Nothing Brad Bell does is original no matter how enjoyable (as fluff) it may be.

I wonder when will he reach the Guza stage – the stage that people just dislike you so much, they cannot bear it. Where Guza has the mob, Brad has these tired, boring triangles no one cares about anymore...

• Members

Sorry, Cheap, you know I love ya but I think Taylor & Rick are hot! "I'm bursting at the seams!" :lol:

OK, the marriage thing is whiplash-fast. Out of control! I wish Brad wouldn't ruin perfectly good pairings by having them act out in speed-warp time. But TayRick as a whole? Strike me as tender and sweet and sexy. Rick has rebuilt Taylor's confidence, mainly via many scenes where he happens to be topless. Works for me.

Glad the Tiny scenes were not played for laughs. Alley Mills really brought home how much Tiny was her child, more than just some doberman she sics on Donna every once in a while. Lying there, stroking the dog. The way Pam kept loudly telling Tiny "No lemon bars for you, Tiny! They upset your stomach!", Donna should have clocked that lemon bars + dog = very bad thing.

And Thorne and Felicia were a tad unsympathetic at first, no? At least they wised up and called the vet.

And the Nick Tongue Bath continues. icon8.gif Katie is being very manipulative, playing Brooke against Taylor. It's a little out of the blue. Katie wouldn't usually turn on her older sister like that, but maybe she's tired of just being the babysitter to Brooke's many (many) offspring.

Say it ain't so, Sylph. :lol: I love Clarke and CJ and would love to see them back on the show as the upstart rivals to Forrester's snooty aristocracy. CJ and Bridget had a good thing but B&B ruined it. For Ridget!

AND ITA with whoever said that the Spectra's -- and particularly Sally's -- sidelining has been disastrous for the show. Darlene Conley has been a huge loss for the show -- and for me as a viewer. For example, that story where a bitter Thorne took over the reins of Sally's company COULD have been killer. Unfortunately, B&B has such a boner for Ridge and Nick that they returned to propping up those two twats and un-wrote the whole Thorne-at-Spectra story. Why? Was it really so badly received?

P.S.: MarkH. Glad I wasn't the only Caroline fan back in the day. :)

• Members

I love Daniel McVicar, but I just don't like him in this particular role. It might be the character, this or that... Bucky needs to go. :P

And CJ... :rolleyes: I used to love him, but not anymore.

That's one of the problems with this show: it keeps mediocre characters and kills off the great ones. Sad but true.

• Members

Yeah, but I think that was the whole point, wasn't it? He married her to get ahead and wasn't all that into her. They eventually divorced but remained "family."

LOL, I remember when Clarke was shtupping Stephanie... and Kristen!

I know I'm probably alone in this opinion as well but... did anybody like Deacon? Sometimes I wish he'd come back to set the cat amongst the pigeons again.

• Members

If I remember it correctly, he entered into the whole deal with Sally while thinking about the relationship with Margo... The deal was for her to give him half of Spectra if he married her; she tried to go around it, but then he started placing the stories about their engagements in the papers... Something like that. Then came Julie. :lol:

Archived