SOAPnet Original Series: Relative Madness

• Members

http://soapnet.go.com/news/news_relativemadness.html

Keep an eye out for Relative Madness, an original series of six new one-hour specials on SOAPnet. Each show will have a "family" theme that will count down the top 25 most over-the-top TV and celebrity family moments. The shows will include a blending of real-life celebrities and pop-icons, as well as fictional primetime and daytime characters. Just in time for Mother's Day, Relative Madness premieres with its first installment, "Mama Drama," THURSDAY, MAY 8 at 11:00 p.m., ET/PT. The series will conclude the week of Father's Day with "Father Knows Less."

"We live in a 'Soap Nation' and these series recognize this by combining the soapy themes found everywhere today – in daytime, primetime, reality and celebrity-life," explains Brian Frons, President of SOAPnet and ABC Daytime. "SOAPnet continues to broaden its reach by investing in original programming; this franchise is another step in our ongoing effort to expand SOAPnet's audience while aligning pop culture and celebrity antics with the 'soapy' drama it is."

Each show will count down the 25 most over-the-top TV and celebrity family moments and blend commentary from a variety of talent and comedians. The commentators include comedian Joy Behar (The View), actresses Andrea Bowen and Joy Lauren (Desperate Housewives) actor Cameron Mathison (All My Children, Dancing with the Stars), designer Paige Hemmis (Extreme Makeover: Home Edition), actor Willie Garson (Sex in the City), actress Ana Ortiz (Ugly Betty), actress Tatyana Ali (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), dancer/choreographer Chris Judd and mother and daughter reality stars Lisa and Britney Gastineau (The Gastineau Girls). Also weighing in on the family woes will be actress Rebecca Budig (All My Children), actor John-Paul Lavoisier (One Life to Live) and actress Sarah Brown (General Hospital).

Relative Madness episodes include:

May 8: "Mama Drama" – Counting down the most over-the-top TV and celebrity moms, featuring Dina Lohan and Britney Spears, I Love New York's New York, All My Children's Erica Kane and Days of our Lives' Sami Brady.

May 15: "It's a Sibling Thing" – Counting down the most-over-the-top TV and celebrity brothers and sisters, including Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, Paris and Nikki Hilton, 90210's Brandon and Brenda Walsh, General Hospital's Lucky Spencer, Lulu Spencer and Nikolas Cassadine, and The Young and the Restless' Kevin Fisher and Michael Baldwin.

May 22: "Brawl in the Family" – Counting down the most-over-the-top TV and celebrity family feuds such as Paul McCartney and Heather Mills, Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen, Dynasty's the Carringtons, The Sopranos, General Hospital's the Quartermaines and All My Children's the Chandlers.

May 29: "Crazy… in Love" – Counting down the most-over-the top TV and celebrity couples such as Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Sex in the City's Carrie and Mr. Big, All My Children's Angie and Jesse Hubbard and General Hospital's Luke and Laura Spencer.

June 5: "Twisted Family Trees" – Counting down the most-over-the-top TV and celebrity family ties, highlighting the Karadashian-Jenners, Hugh-Hefner and The Girls Next Door, Nip Tuck's the McNamaras and Troys, The Young and the Restless' the Newmans and Days of our Lives' the DiMeras.

June 12: "Father Knows Less" – Counting down the most over-the-top TV and celebrity dads, including Kevin Federline, Alec Baldwin, The Sopranos' Tony Soprano, One Life to Live's Todd Manning and General Hospital's Dr. Noah Drake.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived