Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The SB historical timeline continues to evoke questions.

Given that Channing and Warren were the same age, how much older do you think Mason was supposed to be?

After three re-casts Mason seemed to de-age, but he had to be 4-5 years older than Channing, which would make him 7 years older than Eden.  

Also, given that they went to high school together, what do you think was the age difference between Cruz, Victoria, & Keith versus Eden?  

I ask because if Santana went to high school with Cruz, (and secretly dated Channing), while living in the Capwell home with her mother, was she supposed to be the same age as Mason and therefore older than Channing?  Was Santana dating an under-aged-closeted-gay-man while in her 20's?  

• Members

Sophia's timeline was also confusing. I always got the impression Sophia was more of a B-movie actress. That would explain why she wasn't so easily recognized in my opinion.

It makes sense that Mason was at least 6 to 8 years older than Eden. I'm not sure we ever got clarification on how long CC was married to Pamela.

Ugh, Pamela...a character that was sooo mishandled. She should have been the show's Alexis Colby IMO.

• Members

Actually, I believe the opposite is true. Pretty sure Mason's age was adjusted to whomever played him. Think - been so long so I'm not sure I'm right - Gordon Thomson's Mason once referred to his mother leaving when he was around 11. Pretty sure he was younger under Lane Davies.

So if the character's age depended on the actor, he stayed pretty consistent from Lane Davies to Terry Lester as both men were born in 1950. He then aged a bit under Gordon Thomson, who was born in 1945.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

RIP Roscoe Born...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/daytimeconfidential.com/.amp/2020/03/06/soap-star-roscoe-born-dies-at-age-69

In other "news", Mark Arnold (Joe Perkins #2) popped up in a rerun of The Doctors yesterday on Retro TV. The episode originally aired in October 1979. He played a brash intern who got read the riot act by the show's female lead, Dr. Maggie Powers (Lydia Bruce).

Please register in order to view this content