Days: John Rumor - From SOC

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh what the hell is THIS? :angry:

Killing Zach may have been both a big mistake AND a good story (at least the first part, before it devolved into Hope lusting after Patrick)... there's a lot about Reilly's work I'd like to undo, but this isn't it. The die's been cast. Let it drop.

• Members

It will be typical DOOL.

At one stage we were 3 - 4 years behind on DOOl now it is about 6 mth's.

When I went to the USA I caught an eppy of DOOL and considering that I hadn't watched DOOL in about 3 years at the time just watching that one hour I was able to figure out what I missed durring those 3 years.

Another Brady coming back from the dead and was held prisoner by Stefano.

BTW Devoted, Nina is a little cutie.

• Members

Sadly, it is. Just look at the boards, with the exception of here and a few other places. I have actually read people say this is a good idea.

For me, no. Absolutely not. What little credibility left would be gone and they just got some back with Shawn Sr's death.

The problem is I could see Days doing this, especially when I see crap like this on other boards around the net. Hell, I even read some saying Isabella should be resurrected too. Days listens to these types of people, thinking people want this and I can see why when there are threads after threads of posters saying they do. There is no need, especially when deaths like Zack and Isabella had so much impact. It's stupid and it's something I would expect from JER.

If this happens, even I would be pissed. I doubt it will though. PR and KA would probably even be upset about this if it came to pass. Like Roman mentioned, it's hard to imagine Ed Scott not stepping in to stop this, regardless of how much power he has (and I think he has enough to step in) and I should also say this was said to be on Dayscafe and is nowhere to be found there. Even if it was there, they are not even close to being reliable so I wouldn't worry too much about this.

• Members

I hate when soaps do these stupid types of things; actors giving some their performances to only have those scenes become a waste of time of the actors' energy due to some fool who wants to shock viewers.

Don't these people know those types of storyline devices don't work any more? People are tired of seeing characters killed off and come back like a comic book?

But them again, that's what DAYS been since the 90's.

Even if Ed was able to stop that storyline, Ken will always have ownership power over Ed which gives any writer the ability to tell any garbage they want to tell, despite SONY placing Ed as EP.

Ken must be very fond of Dena to possibly let her have more of a vocal power over Ed.

And, lets not forget that death, so far, has help raised DAYS ratings and if the death and the return to life of John Black help create buzz and rating hikes (as well as the death of Shawn Sr.,) I'm sure, if this storyline is true, that the higher-ups must feel that Zack Brady can help jump ratings too.

All that I wondered is, with all these funeral scenes helping DAYS numbers, how soon will the people in charge start killing off characters during sweeps to get the ratings up out of desperation?

• Members

Yeah, Jimmy. Don't give them any ideas. :lol: I think back 5 years ago and poor Alice being gagged by one of her doughnuts and Cassie being stored in a bloody pinata. :lol: I don't think I can take it again!

• Members

Sungrey and Noel, I agree with what you guys said, but, I just want to be realistic.

It no secret that SONY wanted to saved money and have DAYS cancelled to avoid any legal suits or mass buyout of talent and staff but they can’t afford to lose any daily income that DAYS bring in at the same time; part of which because they on network tv and ad rates are better than syndication tv. Giving that a couple of SONY’s based shows are cancelled or ending from syndication and network tv soon, I thought DAYS wasn’t going to be renewal, but, who knows after it’s official confirmed that it’s been renewed or not. Whether DAYS is renewed or cancelled, I would be scared of the end results in both ways. DAYS better tried their hardest not to go below a 2.1 constantly or they will be cancelled.

If they have to bring Zack from the dead, at least have some realism resulting with Lexie’s medical license revoked for not knowing the organs wasn’t Zack and have the Bradys go through a search hunt for Zack that conclude with John getting his memory back and knowing that he is an Alamain at last.

And again, I agree that DAYS cannot go back to storylines that got them almost canned the first time around, but then again; after March 28, a certain Passions Head Writer will be available and if rating-wise things don’t improve leading up to May sweeps for DAYS, I have a feeling that NBC felt so bad for him for not getting his show on an another network that he would be glad to return to help a friend in need.

A Higley - Reilly 2008 ticket as Days Head Writers, wouldn’t that be fun.

Besides, someone has to pay for JER’s rent.

Archived