ATWT: Van and Jake issue statement about GLAAD controversy.

• Members

I'm all for the fight to have them kiss onscreen. As someone who saw the mistletoe incident "live," I really found it to be a slap in the face of all the work they'd been doing ever since we got the first inkling Holden and Lily's son was gay. What the [!@#$%^&*] did they think they would be able to do with him after a year and a half of coming out angst? Have him and boyfriend plant poppies in the field and sing "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing?"

But at the exact same time, I think it's a bunch of BS that people were expecting Jake and Van to kiss at those awards. Really. Really. Some people need to get the [!@#$%^&*] over themselves.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good grief....all this brouhaha because they're not total publicity whores? I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't even expect a hetero-non-couple to kiss on a "red carpet" to promote their show or movie.

Stupidity.

• Members

*Giggles* at hetero actors. Irregardless this entire thing is a farce. But, GLADD has also lost but all its credibility over the years.

I do feel sorry for their less psychotic fans though. It sucks when your couple can't even show intimacy, because of what Middle America is going to say. I still think ATWT has a lot of damage control to be done, but, why not capitalize on the one good thing the show has going for it? Which is obviously Luke and Noah.

Heck, forget kissing, let them fukc. That would totally throw people in a loop.

• Members

I'd hesitate to categorize Nuke as a good thing....I think there are huge issues with the quality of acting from Van and Jake, although admittedly, that's an unpopular opinion. P&G/CBS shot themselves in the foot when they chose to promote Nuke as "being like any other couple", etc, etc. and then totally didn't fulfill those words. I still don't understand the decision to dump Maddie and replace her with another newbie and insert her between Nuke, and test her chemistry with Casey. WTF???

And as much as I disagree with some Nuke fans, I wouldn't call them "crazies". Gullible comes to mind. "Crazy" is protesting a public service announcement because your favorite character's heart is going to another character.

• Members

I agree with you. I am a Luke and Noah fan myself but I am so afraid that the constant outrage that comes with this couple is going to ruin their storyline in the long run. I think these fans need to calm down about everything regarding these two. I just want to see Luke and Noah and I am enjoying their storyline. I for one will be pissed if the TPTB decide to can it. If it happens then the fans have no one to blame but themselves. JMO

• Members

Regardless of Jake and Van's sexuality, I doubt that they were ever going to kiss on the red carpet to appease their demanding fans.

Not here. I don't even call what Van and Jake do acting. Jake is atrocious and Van is only slightly better.

I am enjoying P&G and CBS being devoured by the monster they created with their hypocrisy and cowardice. I'm not sure gullible is the word I would use for Luke/Noah fans, but there are definitely some crazies and extremists among that crowd. Some of the comments on the soap boards and AfterElton blogs suggest unbalanced views of reality and that Tala Ashe (Ameera) will be getting hate mail any day now, if she hasn't already.

• Members

'And the sad thing is this same kind of crap will probably happen everytime they go to any event anymore. '

Yup - and you can thank the vanhansis.net group for that. Had you not made such a big deal about the lack of on screen kissing, they wouldn't get requests to kiss at red carpet events. I knew that debacle would backfire.

• Members

What to say? Sigh.... I forgot what day it was. I believe it was a Friday eppy. Nuke hadnt been on all week. They finally appeared that day and I just cringed when I saw them. From the beginning we never found out why they loved each other. I guess just because Noah was gay ...Luke wanted him. I dont know. The two kisses they had were great but besides that there has been nothing to them. There should be turmoil between the two them not involving a third party(particulary a female :rolleyes: ). Luke should be re-evaluating his love for Noah. We should be having some college scenes with their classmates. Where is Kevin?? He should be present. There is so much wrong with this storyline. Luke and Kevin had a better storyline going. They should have been the pairing not Nuke. It should have been Levin and not Nuke. Noah is too boring of a character. He is always in a whiny and depressed mood. He brings the Luke character down. And let's not forget that Kevin and Luke did kiss(well, the mouth to mouth at the lake). ;) To think I was bashed by an SON member for liking Nuke. :P

• Members

I still say they're a good thing for ATWT. They have legions of fans, as well as multiple support. Plus, there the one mainstream homosexual couple on soaps. I think ATWT is seriously being delusional by not treating them like every other couple. However, I could only imagine what the behind the scenes environment is like over there. As for the acting, I think that Van Hansis is doing a solid job, but his co-star is widely uneven.

Archived