Y&R: Will Maria Bell take Gloria beyond the point of no return?

• Members

Ok, many including me may already think the character is already there but what you viewers think? The way the storyline has been written thus far has left both options pluaisble. In the end will Glo go right off the wagon and eventually either go to jail or be killed off, or will she somehow get found out and still remain a viable character?

My personal hope is that she of course will be found out and carted off to prison... or anywhere but on the show.

I have waited now 2 years to see her finally pay for her crimes against the Abbotts.... will I finally get to see her total and utter downfall?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I must be the only one, too, who enjoys Judith Chapman. Just not what the writers have Gloria do.

If she'd pay for her crimes for a brief period and eventually be written less and less each script, I'd be happy. But not all together.

Now Jana, Amber, Tammin, Cane, and Heather (who's basically gone anyway) I can do without.

• Members

I don't mind Judith Chapman. In fact when she first came on and they did the whole John finding out Kevin and Michael were her sons, and then Tom coming to down I really enjoyed the character. It was the skin cream fiasco and the constant propping she recieved at the expense of a core family such as the Abbotts. Jack was ruined for this witch, John died which just continued the propping and then to top it all off we have John's ghost berating Jack at every turn for being so cruel against her.

Basically from the moment Gloria hit town she has always been scrambling to cover up a misdeed that she has done, but yet continues time and time again to get away with it.

Well time to pay the piper Gloria. The Abbotts need to be brought back to their former glory and to do so, Gloria's dirty laundry needs to be aired for the entire town to see.

• Members

Gloria, for me, shouldn't be placed in a position of power the way she is... The stuff that they had her going through today was excellent...It's always better to see Gloria squirm and know she's about to get got....when she starts to get into that power trip role, things tend to get crazy and at times, for me, and this is ONLY for me, it becomes less believable.

Judith Chapman is a great actress, and I liked seeing her in the scenes she's been having; where she thinks she's in control but truly isn't and doesn't know what the hell to do.

• Members

I enjoy Chapman as an actress, but the way she was presented as a Victim made Gloria detestable. However, now that she is merely being written as who she is, she is great fun and enjoyable to watch (still not one of my favorite characters though).

• Members

Could not have said it better myself. Its actually fun to watch Gloria without control.... Judith does play it well. Its the smug on top of the world Gloria that truly irritates me to know end. I really cannot stand both in reality and fiction someone who thinks they are above it all and and better than everyone when really, they aren't.

Gloria thinks Jack is evil for cutting her out of John's will..... but, she killed someone and injured John's grand daughter, and not to mention put more strain on an already ailing company in Jabot.... her husband's name sake....

My wish for Gloria's final scene:

She is alone in her prison cell. Real Ghost John appears to her and berates her, then leaves and the camera panns upward with Gloria huddled in the corner cold and shivering.

I am evil and proud of it ;)

• Members

There are lot's of soap characters I love, but would like to see less of. Over exposure can kill a good character and make people turn against them.

As for Gloria, I love the Fisher's, so I hope Gloria isn't written off. Jack has done many evil things (leaving Victor to die and sleeping with Jill while she was married to John to name only a couple.) most of them way before Gloria was even thought of, so I don't see that he's been ruined for her. In fact, I don't think the Abbotts are ruined at all. We just need Ashley back and for that family to be given more story. Gloria is the perfect foil for the Abbott's, especially Ashley.

• Members

Gloria needs to pay for what she did and be left penniless and in jail. Then after a month a two she can come back to the show if they feel like they need her that much. Just at least let her get her comeuppance.

Archived