GH: Week of March 17th

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Something has to give with this Elizabeth situation. Despite the fact that more or less her year plus long paternity lie was completely glossed over the fact remains that she is a prime suspect for the hit and run, yet she feels no guilt about it. She just labels it as an accident and believes that Sam should just let it go. Are you serious? Elizabeth believes she is above the law that she can do whatever she pleases. She doesn't feel one modicrum of greif over what she did and I hate how the entire community lets her get away with it by gorging themselves on the beleif that Elizabeth is the pillar of society that doesn't deserve to be punished for her actions. Between Jason and Lucky advocating her actions I have just about thrown up. Sam may not be morally superior but atleast she sees what she does for reality and for what it really is. Elizabeth deludes herself into believing her vantage point equates to godliness and that everyone should follow.

Lucky has forgiven her for the paternity lie and now is covering up her hit and run. Good god free Lucky from the catration that is Elizabeth. It's like she has his manhood in a jar or something.

• Members

my goodness, Lulu is acting like a tramp! Just yesterday she was talking about how sorry she was to Logan about the way she treated him over Johnny with the lying, leading him on, etc... She says she wants some time alone from both of them so she can clear her head and make sense of the thing but did give Logan hope. So what does she do today? Go over to Johnny bc she wants to make a future with him but when his words continue to scare her, she sees thats not going to happen and she runs right back to Logan? Can this bitch make up her mind already. I didnt think I would say this, but I HATE Lulu. She is one of the worst characters on the show and she needs to either be axxed or severly backburnered bc I cant take enough of the twit. She is beyond pitiful and an absolute disgrace. I can not stand her anymore

IA. Elizabeth is showing absolutely no sympathy. When Sam showed up, her first instinct was to get into bitch mode and wasnt even apolgetic with what she believes she might have did. Sam kept grasping at her if she felt anything about leaving her off the side of the road to die and Liz acted like she could care less as long as Sam shut her mouth up

• Members

It's not about groveling really. Elizabeth is supposed to be the shows premiere heroine. We are supposed to like her and she is supposed to adhere to morals and values because that is supposed to be her character. That is the way she has been written by this heavily handed writing. It's clear to us that Elizabeth is supposed to be the pargon of virtue that everyone wants to protect because she is just so bloody awesome as a virtious: mother/artist/nurse/woman/add here/ect. yet she holds no respect for the law, shows no guilt at all by leaving a person on the freezing cold after she ran over them with her car. Elizabeth herself believes she did it yet she doesn't feel bad about. She doesn't feel that Sam needs to know, doesn't feel that she should own up to her actions, she doesn't understand Sam's anger over Elizabeth's lying and mainpulation of Lucky and Jason. We are just supposed to side with Elizabeth and see her as a victim of Sam when that isn't the case. Please. This is supposed to be the person we root for?

Sam may not be perfect. But she is what she is and makes no lies about it. She atleast has had to go threw consequences for her actions. Unlike Elizabeth who has yet to really have any consequences for her lies and actions.

• Members

Although I agree with you that the writing is meant to have viewers side with Elizabeth over Sam, I am not getting the intent to portray Elizabeth as a paragon of virtue or even as some wholly moral character either. All I ever get from the writing is that when you stand the two up side by side, Elizabeth is supposed to be the better of the two when it comes to garnering some sympathy. The main reason for that is even though they tend to give Elizabeth these warped reasons (which are mostly selfish) for lying and hiding the truth, they aren't based on malicious intent. Sam's reasoning is primarily based on malicious intent, though she may have her moments of being genuine.

Besides, they tend to overload everything so that it's harder to see Elizabeth as being unsympathetic towards Sam. In the case of Claudia and Kate, it is very clear that Kate is the good one with a generous heart and Claudia is cold and calculating. Sam is still not very well defined and even though Elizabeth is no innocent, they still had Sam do things that were of a grave enough nature that makes it harder to fault Elizabeth for not being compassionate towards her.

And anyway, I'm not sure why you're expecting anything from GH in terms of virtue, etc. This is a show where they're pushing mobsters with a heart of gold as something to be revered. I am not sure how you're going to get writing that makes a whole lot of sense out of that.

• Members

ScrewLu needs to stop with the to-ing and fro-ing because it makes Guza's Heroine look like a user and a ho.

Liz vs Sam = the Whispering War. For crissakes, speak up, ladies!

So wait -- Jason's Shooting Hand has been magically healed. It's a miracle! I was so worried there for a minute. :rolleyes:

Kate looks like Lucy Coe with her hair.

Jax = Voice of Reason. Sonny thinks that Demon Spawn apologizing to Kate for shooting her is enough and he's going to cover for him? Sonny and Carly are the world's suckiest parents.

Diane & Max = scene of the day. Alexis & Diane are my favorite friendship. I heart Diane, basically!

Man, why'd they have Carly lose the baby?! What do they have against Jax being a father?

Archived