Y&R: Looks like Sabrina is here to stay!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ahh, I know who Logan is now. Duh.

If Sabrina has a secret in her past, I think she'd work out. But if Sabrina's crafted well enough, she could stay as long as Adam can.

Also, I hope she's a real bitch. Maybe she'll bring the worst out of Victoria and return that character to form. Latham definitely made all the women on this show wusses. Even Gloria and Amber. They're always afraid of someone catching them so they devise plans to get them out of the jam. It's degrading. And sure, Nikki gained some power since getting out from under Victor's wing but she seemed whiny the entire way.

With all these powerful women, it's a shame they can't be depicted as such. They merely come off as whiny, sneaky girls. Let's hope the new writers stop reinterpreting these characters.

• Members

<_<

ATWT has probably the bitchiest character, Carly, have gfs throughout most of her time on the show. And, in terms of scheming, she surpasses Amber and Gloria combined, IMO.

There was the terrific Rose/Emily/Carly thing going on for a while. But then she became close to Roseanna, then to Gwen, and (somewhat) Lily. The older characters had close relationships, too. Kim with Barbara and Margo. And Margo and Jessica were friends too.

On OLTL, there's Lindsay/Dorian. There's Blaire/Dorian. There's Starr/Langston. There's Adriana/Layla. There's Layla/Sarah. There's Natalie/Jessica. There's Vicki/daughters. There's (somewhat) Nora/Vicki.

On AMC, there's SUPER Kendall/Greenlee. There's also Babe/Krystal, who seem more like mother and daughter than Victoria and Nikki. And AMC's writing is horrendous. (No offense to the fans LOL)

Y&R's hatin' on the women friendships, hard!

• Members

I personally don't think they will ever truly have female and I do mean strong female friendships formed on Y&R...

The only time you truly do see a female/female friendship is if two women get together to talk about how one particular woman they hate is muffing up their lives (Dru and Sharon had that common bond because of their hate for Phyllis, because they could relate)....

Nikki and Katherine have a friendship, but the only time you truly see it is when Nikki's in a crisis or vice versa....

Do they even truly show a genuine female friendship where they just sit together and talk? Or did it die when Nina and Cricket ceased?

• Members

:rolleyes:

@ Sweet_VeeVee24 Yeah, Colleen and Lily!!

I just hope that the Colleen/Lily friendship is strengthened again. I mean, a boyfriend telling you you're not fat etc. etc. is nice and all but a girl needs her pal to gang up against royal bitches like Chloe. Their friendship would at least mean a bond between women for a few decades into the future.

I don't get it, still, this total offense to women friendships when the demographic is majority women!

The writers must be doing this on purpose because it's way too common.

• Members

It began with Jack Smith.

When he took over he made every female character (besides Colleen, Lily & Sierra) bitchy.

Before that there were enemies & rivalries but Y&R was no different from any other soap when it came to female friendships.

Archived