AMC: RPG "Goodbye Springfield, Hello Pine Valley!"

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TK is not the rock of the show, nor should he be.

I'm glad Ricky is stoked to be on AMC, I just wish AMC were viewable.

Looks like they have Ricky drinking the Kool-Aid already. LOL Wonder what his GL fans think of the "jump ship with me" blog? Cady got trashed when she told AMC fans to watch BOTH shows (AMC and ATWT).

• Members

Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily call Kaye the rock of the show. If anyone is deserving of that title, it's Michael E. Knight, Walt Willey, or David Canary, though Canary has been marginalized in recent years. Storywise, I suppose Zack is THE leading male character on the show, and Kaye is a decent enough actor to be able to ground the Greenlee/Aidam/Ryan/Annie/Kendall nonsense that continues to swirl around him and give it a semblence of some reality. If that makes him the rock of the show, so be it.

I am looking forward to Goldin joining the show. It's been a joy to watch MEK and Darnell interact of late, instead of having to endure Knight bouncing lines off the vastly inferior Aidan Turner, and I think Goldin will invigorate Knight even more. For some reason I think he and Knight are good buddies already, through their mutual friendships with certain Y&R stars. I know that Goldin is very close to Michelle Stafford and Christian LeBlanc, and that Knight is also good friends with some of the Y&R-ers (including LeBlanc, Irizarry, and Melody Scott, who is also his ex's Cat Hickland's best friend). Small world!

• Members

I think that RPG is a soap jumper. Look at his career. He started out on AW which was on NBC, jumped to Y&R on CBS to GL, and now AMC on ABC. If myNetworkTV still were doing the telenovelas, I'm sure he would've jumped to one of them.

I only wish he would've won a Daytime Emmy Award for his portrayal of Gus on GL. He was one of the reasons why I like watching GL and it's going to be sad to see him go.

• Members

I see why he left GL because the writing had gotten stale and bland since 1 year after Kreizman took over.

I don't like where they took his character with this Natalia out of no where and a son to boot! As a matter of fact I don't like the way any stories are being written. The only payoff from this story would have been an umbrella story to end this story....such as:

Harley shoots (by mistake) the son (he dies) while Daisy looks on and Harley stands trial for the crime ....Let's see how would this affect all the characters involved?

1) Would Gus and Harley make it back to one another?

2) How would this strain the relationship between Harley and Daisy?

3) Any cat fights between Harley and Natalia?

4) How about the Coopers?

5) and so on......

This story would have delivered drama for all involved and a chance for the actors to shine and win emmys. This is what GL use to be about and where has it gone? All we want is a good story with a good cup of coffee to take us a way for an hour....not new production models! Maybe someone from CBS or P&G will get a clue and alert Ellen Wheeler where the problem really is...story development and writing.

I have many other story ideas and guess what??? they involve the veterans and favorites!

A sneak peak....Mindy Lewis comes back to town and hooks up with Cyrus.....Eat your heart out Alexandra Spaulding....Wouldn't you just love to see those scenes???, but of course you have to know GL history!

While we are bringing back favorites.....India Spaulding comes back....but its my secret to know why she is back!

Just my thoughts...It's not that hard GL writers and you get paid for it!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

In his second blog RPG mentions that he is heading out west to meet with ABC execs (Frons I assume) to discuss some other ways he could "be of value to the network" and some "new show ideas". What does that mean? Why would be discussing ideas for new ABC shows with the execs? Or maybe Frons wants to give him something on SoapNet? But hasn't Frons been getting rid of all the soap-related shows on SoapNet like SoapTalk.

• Members

In recent years I had come to dislike both Gus and Harley, but it's sad to see him go. He was a part of the GL that I remember and loved(the one before Conboy and Wheeler came along, yes I'm talking about Rauch's version of GL). Without him, the show loses another actor who is familiar with fans.

I hope all goes well with him and AMC, but to be truthful, it's not like departing GL for AMC is a gigantic step up. Both shows are written and produced horribly.

• Members

In the past RPG has been a writer and producer, and in the 90's he produced a dating show that ran in prime time on ABC. He's the type of team player who can serve in the type of 'network ambassador' role, sort of like what ABC tried to do with Bachelor Bob (Ugh).

Archived