Days: Thursday, Feb.21

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The honesty of emotion from the cast is wonderful. Everyone is truly doing a splendid job.

Just when I think Josh Tayor just can't do it........that man proves me wrong each time. He is doinga fine, fine job conveying what he's feeling. No overt the top stuff from him or anyone.

Darrin also is doing a fine job. His turning and walking away was a very good, honest turn.

But the Emmy should go to Peggy McKay, who is delivering an outstanding performance.

A top ten episode.

• Members

Wonderful episode. The entire cast is really impressing me, and the direction has also been very good. I loved the pan across the waiting room as Shawn's body was removed, so we could see everyone's sadness and the love and respect they had for this man. The final shot of Victor, Hope and Chelsea was also terrific. I'm so glad they are bringing Victor into this story!

I have to laugh every time John mentions the plane. He's fixated on someone replacing his plane! Maybe that will inspire him to investigate and discover who was behind the sabotage because I don't what that to be a dropped plot point. And he's moving into the Dimera mansion...YAY!

• Members

That scene where Max just turned and awalked away and all but fell into Chelsea's arms was my fave. It was simple, yet showed so much of what max was feeling. I was glad it was Chelsea and not Steph he went to. I love the relationship between those two.

all the reactions today were great. They all did just step back and let peggy work her magic. Great episode.

• Members

ITA that having Max turn to Chelsea was excellent. This storyline has made it way too clear that Stephanie and Max are related (blood or not) and it's hurt both characters imo.

The episode was very emotional and well done. My heart broke for poor Caroline and her scenes were stellar. Fantastic work by PM; she looked so frail and just plain shattered. When she kissed Shawn, Sr I totally lost it and remembered my mother doing the same to my father. Realistic, heartfelt and sadly beautiful scenes.

Having Kate stop Victor from going to her was a good touch and also liked the ending with Victor, Hope and Chelsea. He was rather harsh with Chloe, but in this case it provided a nice contrast to his tenderness.

Liked seeing everyone coming together except for John. The scene with him leaning against the wall in the background while Sami and Marlena were talking accentuated his new personality and role. It's nice when a show lets us see those things instead of thinking they have to make a character say it. Not a big deal, I know, but just something I appreciated. --Unlike John's you show me yours and I'll show you mine -- that hit me as contrived and just plain stupid.

Good episode. Sad, but good.

• Members

Wow, what a fantastic show....Its been such a joy getting such incredible episodes lately...Last year we only had a handful of really great episodes, but it seems like we are off to a great start this year..These new directors are really putting their stamp on the show..

On to the episode..Kudos to Peggy McCay..She just broke my heart today..I loved how she played the confusion of wondering what everyone was keeping from her..and i could see why it was hard for everyone to tell her..They knew they would be breaking her heart..The shock and grief when she found out was very well done..I think she played this perfectly..Also Josh Taylor gave his best performance i've ever seen, nice to see he can show some emotion..

With such a large cast on today: Belle, Shawn, Phillip, Chloe, Kate, Victor, Maggie, Caroline, EJ, Sami, Marlena, John, Bo, Hope, Lexie, Abe, Chelsea, Max, Stephanie, Steve, Kayla, and Roman; i really felt they did a great job of showing everyones reactions to what had happened. My favorite scene was when the camera panned most of the cast when they took Shawn Sr. away..These slow motion scenes are so effective..

I also enjoyed the moment John comforted Caroline..And his look to Marlena after finishing the task was priceless....Amazing how i could barely stand John last year, and this year he's become one of my favorite characters..

i also enjoyed the family dynamic between Victor, Kate and Phillip..As well as Victor going off on Chloe..Victor and John's scenes were also very dynamic..Can't wait to see more of those two in scenes..We also got 2 mentions of Isabella today, which was a nice nod to the show's history..

Bo, Hope, and Chelsea also shared great scenes..i'm really looking forward to this story...Also i enjoyed the Steve, Kayla, and Stephanie scenes..its great that Chelsea and Stephanie are finally going to interact with their families as opposed to having their own huge storyline that takes up airtime..

My only complaints today were: Shawn not seeming concerned about his father..I wish he could have been with Hope, Shawn, and Victor at the end of the episode..Also i felt it was weird that Stephanie didn't mention Shawn Sr. dying when she first had scenes with her father and mother..Thankfully, i was relieved when she finally acknowledged his death during her last scene..

Once again, great show..I'm really looking forward to tomorrow..I think i'm really going to enjoy the scenes at the Dimera mansion..

• Members

After an unbearably dull Wednesday episode, this one was FANTASTIC. It was so sad. I liked Victor putting his arm around Hope at the end. I think the entire episode took place at the hospital, and I didn't even notice until now.

Archived