GH: Week Of Feb 11th

• Members

Oh so what you're saying is that Elizabeth should abide by a different set of rules than Sam because you think she's "portrayed as the heroine of GH?" If that's your line of reasoning than why are you even questioning the lack of sympathy for Sam? If Sam isn't "portrayed as the heroine of GH" then no one should be concerned about what does or doesn't happen to her. She can go around doing whatever she wants and doesn't even need to say she had any kind of breakdown because she's free to do what she wants and people need not have any respect for her at all.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sam was never written as an evil malicious person. She did not hurt people for the thrill of it and was not motivated by pure hate and revenge. That didnt happen till this past summer when teh writetrs wanted to demonize her in order to prop up Liarson. She was written as a girl from the wrong side of the tracks who was rough around the edges but she wasnt malicious. The Sam we saw over teh past few months is not the one that she was during her run prior to that

• Members

I actually like both Liz and Sam. I don't agree with them always...sometimes I want to smack them...but I don't hate either and I don't see either as all bad or as all good. JMO

Anyway, today's show was pretty decent

Loved Spinelli, Claudia and Jason. Spinelli's reaction to Claudia :lol:

Maxie and Mac were sweet

• Members

The writing is right up the alley for the way they've made her to be all about Jason. When someone has that all consuming love and it's taken away from them then she it's way in the realm for a character like her to play out the fury of the woman scorned. I don't even see how she's supposed to be propping Jason and Elizabeth since they're stagnant anyway. If anything, she's written to justify why she and Jason should no longer be together and I don't think that justification equates to propping his stagnant relationship. She's not in any way making them seem any better nor is she providing any basis for their relationship. If anyone is providing them with a reason then it's Jake.

Jason and Elizabeth go way back so it's not as if they just met and all of these people are running around proclaiming how much they belong together in an effort to sell the audience on a romance for them. People either like them together or they don't. If people base their acceptance or lack of acceptance on them as a couple on Sam's or any other third party's actions then so be it. Sam is still in this because they never had a concrete plan for the character other than to be at the side of some man.

• Members

ITA

She' "always' pointed fingers....I guess its Elizabeth' fault that she shagged her step daddy too and she lied about Angela Monroe to Jason saying she didn't know who she was...'

Sam came on a con-artist, theif and prostitute honey she looked bad when she walked in oh I mean

rowed ashore. As for Samantha McCall looking bad to prop Jason and Elizabeth sheer lunacy they had story before Sam McCall showed up 8.5 years worth this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

2059386680101759456S425x425Q85.jpg

• Members

I think you are completely missing my point. You said that Sam wasn't the kind of character that would feel guilty enough to confess to her crimes. I said that I didn't feel that that was such a character flaw because for the most part she is being written as a bitter, angry-unstable villianess versus the hypocritical heroine Liesabeth. The fact that Sam may not feel guilty enough to confess (or would confess given the same circumstances) isn't really relevant, seeing as the two are very different characters and are written in different ways. One is supposed to be the one who inspires likeability while the other is more or less the catalyst to give the "heros" conflict.

I am not questioning weither about the morality of Sam or Elizabeth. I am simply saying that Sam didn't deserve what happended to her and she doesn't deserve to be treated the way she has. That as a human being she should be treated as such. After such a trauma she should not be treated the way she currently has been and none of the people in PC seem to identify with the reality of such an encounter and trauma can cause for a person, regardless of the hit and run.

• Members

a few more thing on yesterday...

Kate & Jax are fab together. I am loving them, and would love to see it go further.

Sam is.... there are no words. judging jason? please bitch. look in the mirror.

morgan & a gun was not fun to watch, tho the line michael gave to him was great!

diane & alexis were great. the killer watching was creepy.

i hope it was not wine they were drinking in those glass' because that annoys me when people drink wine in those or when they use stem glass' but hold the bowel where the wine is because that warms it up. random but true.

sam & devlin have ZERO chem. and they better not try a sam/patrick thing.

i like the ep storyline.

claudia/luke scenes were good.

sonny not telling carly.... no words.

• Members

ITA eith everything, esp what i bolded. Liason has a history going back to 1999. They do need proping, and the obsticle for them is not sam. It is jake, and the lifestyle jason leads. If anything else i would say GH tries to explaine away anything sam does on liz and jasons one night stand.

the thing is Sam is the one who pushed and blackmailed and used Liz's secret against her until it came out. She forced the truth to come out, however she wants to hold her own secret's and blame others when her secret do come out. You cant tell one persons secrets and hold your own. That makes you look like a pathtic spineless hypocrtical bitch - and thats exactly what sam is.

no sam didnt deserve what happened to her. however just because something bad happened to her doesnt mean she deserves to be treated like a human being when she acts like everything but one. it doesnt make everything she has done okay and go away. she is being treated badly by those who have every right to - like liz, jason, lucky - and she is being treated like anyone other person by some - like dr devlin - and she is being treated with sympothy from friends and family like alexis and maxie.

agree

• Members

If thats the case then they need to get Sam away from them bc since the summer, they've been using Sam as teh villian to help cause them drama and angst. Let their history and connection tell their story and stop falling back on Sam to keep things going on bc GH has failed miserably at that. It isnt doing any of them any favors

Archived