Dexter: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

dexter.jpg

Dexter is making an unprecedented move! Season one will be on CBS starting Sunday, Feb. 17 at 10PM ET/PT.

Dexter Moves to Primetime

DEXTER, the critically acclaimed drama series about a serial killer makes an unprecedented appearance on network television.

DEXTER's move to CBS marks the first time a full season of a premium cable drama series will make the transition to network television. DEXTER's 12-episode first season will be edited for network television and will be broadcast on 12 consecutive Sundays.

Based on the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay, DEXTER stars Emmy and Golden Globe Award-nominated Michael C. Hall as Dexter Morgan, an incredibly likeable forensics expert for the Miami Metro Police Department who also happens to be a serial killer but one with his own moral code in that he only kills murderers who can't otherwise be brought to justice.

Source: cbs

• Members

I'm happy about this, because everyone deserves to get to see the greatness that is "Dexter."

However, I'm afraid that in order to air on CBS, they'll have to edit the holy hell out of it, and it'll end up looking like a shell of what it truly is. So, we'll see.

• Members

Okay- I have to be honest with you. I have a friend of mine who gets free cable and sometimes, we'll get to see Dexter. Other times, it'll show sucky movies like Georgia Rule with Lindsay Lohan and Jane Fonda. and it's so weird to see Michael C. Hall in this particular role because I always see him as the gay character from Six Feet Under. However, I TOO am curious to see how CBS edits some of the things on the show because the whole show is phenominal from the beginning to the end.

I missed Season One, so I'm really excited about this!!!

Archived