AMC's two SoapNet marathons Jan 12-13

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man, Greens was cra-ZAY-ZAY back in the dress ripping days, but wow, did Budig sell it. Even though I have some admiration for Sabine Singh's acting, no way could she pull off that level of balls out bitchery.

Ah...the Angie and Jesse eps were so fun. Daisy, Jenny, Amanda, Liza, Enid, Liza, Langley, Phoebe, Dottie, Edna, Hilary, Skye, Tom, Matt, Robin, Travis, Ellen, Devon...wow. AMC had so many good characters back in the day.

• Members

The advertisement for Greenlee's return is possibly one of the most atrocious things I have ever seen TIIC do in the television industry...

Not that I am a huge Rebecca Budig fan (but she is entertaining), but now I am totally sour to her return.

The return of "Real" Greenlee even put a damper on my plans to tune back in to see Jesse and Angie also.

The real Greenlee is the character written in character. Matters not who the actress is. By the time RB left, Greenlee was nothing to watch, especilly with that, "I have to have Woodchuck's baby" nonsense. What was done to Greenlee is possibly one of the worst things you can do to a female character.

The complete and utter disrespect for SS was not necessary, and if the writing is not better, it does not matter which character you bring back. AMC will eventually take Trassions place on Direct Tv. See how long they last.

ANDREA

• Members

Phoebe and Langley were so fierce! I only know the Langley actor from Dark Shadows, so that was a treat! I now see why AMC fans loved Phoebe so much. Who was that busybody annoying them?

LOVE LOVE LOVED Debbi Morgan when her father died. You just don't see that ugly, completely devestated type of grieving unless it's done in a campy way. She totally broke my heart. It reminded me of various family members during my grandpa's funeral. I cannot wait to see her sink her teeth into some meaty material.

Honestly, the biggest shock to me was how bloody GOOD the show was then! I've always assumed AMC just wasn't for me, but I now see it's just this modern AMC that isn't for me. Honestly, say PSNS was 30 years old and someone told you for many years it was Agnes Nixon levels of great...would it be possible to believe that knowing how bad the show is now? That's how I am with AMC now.

I just wish ABC would finally give OLTL a marathon of classic episodes. To date they STILL haven't had one! Y&R hasn't had one with real classic episodes either.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jan 14 2008, 06:37 PM)
I just wish ABC would finally give OLTL a marathon of classic episodes. To date they STILL haven't had one! Y&R hasn't had one with real classic episodes either.

Wow, I never realized that they didn't do that before. OLTL, like all soaps, has a rich history with its own golden era, and it's a shame that soapnet doesn't recognize that. As to Y&R, I don't know if soapnet has access or rights to classic episodes, since it isn't ABC, so that doesn't surprise me that they've never done a marathon. Has soapnet ever done a classic marathon for Days?

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the Angie/Jesse marathon since I had other things going on, but now I'm pretty disappointed that I missed it. Obviously it was much better than the Greenlee marathon.

• Members

DAYS has done well with marathons. Marlena's Posession, during the olympics they had two or three weeks full of classic episodes, then Sami's for Mother's Day and then Bo and Hope got a six episode marathon. Since DAYS and Y&R are both owned by Sony, I think they could do a Y&R marathon if they wanted. They showed some episodes from 2004/2005 with their Jump into Genoa City marathon.

But OLTL? It's a fricking ABC soap and the only marathon they had was From Jess To Tess, showing episodes from the previous year. It would've been a great chance to showcase Viki's alters, but they obviously don't care about OLTL.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jan 14 2008, 07:05 PM)
DAYS has done well with marathons. Marlena's Posession, during the olympics they had two or three weeks full of classic episodes, then Sami's for Mother's Day and then Bo and Hope got a six episode marathon. Since DAYS and Y&R are both owned by Sony, I think they could do a Y&R marathon if they wanted. They showed some episodes from 2004/2005 with their Jump into Genoa City marathon.

But OLTL? It's a fricking ABC soap and the only marathon they had was From Jess To Tess, showing episodes from the previous year. It would've been a great chance to showcase Viki's alters, but they obviously don't care about OLTL.

They can keep on not caring about OLTL because them focusing more on AMC and GH and leaving OLTL alone has given us great soap opera!

Archived